XP Embedded in dual core

itzitzu

n00b
I have to install XP Embedded in a dual core and before I start I'd like to know if there is any problem in these systems with any version, if I have to update Service Pack... Does Windows XP Embedded makes use of all the capacity of a multicore system or do I have to attach something else?
Thank you

XPe supports dual core processors and should work right "out of the box" with them.

I have a Windows XP Embedded SP2 Feature Pack 2007 in an only core system and I want to put it in a dual core system. Can I make the image with the TargetDesigner in the only core system and install it in the other one? If yes, how do I tell the system that the other has two cores? I have listened too, that installing it normally and then rebooting it, the system recognizes both cores.
After installing it, is there any tool to see the work each core is doing?(Appart from the Task Manager). That's to see if both cores are working or just one.

If you have two processors in task manager, it's working. You can also check device manager for both cpus and under the Computer device, check which HAL you're using.

XPe should be just like XP. If, after deploying the OS to the new machine, you don't see the second processor, just go into the device manager and change the processor driver to the multi-core driver of your choice.

Back