XP drivers/software for a Clie?

starhawk

[H]F Junkie
Hey, hope I've got this in the right section... I'm honestly not sure.

I bought a Sony Clie PDA off eBay. Model is PEG-NX70V, circa 2002 or so. It got here this morning; I replaced the battery and it's good to go. Only one problem...

I don't have any software for it. Neither manual nor CD were not included in the listing. (I don't care about the manual; those things are last-resort territory for me anyways.)

It'd be nice if I could get HotSync to work with my WinXP laptop, but Sony doesn't seem to have that application or suite on their site. Near as I can tell, they assume that you bought retail --CD and all-- and if you didn't, or if your CD turned to coaster material, you're SOL.

Can anyone help?

have u tried esupport.sony.com (official site sony support site seems) they got a download for Intellisync Lite Version 4.00.00 Build 422.77_42 just put your model number and select download driver
and get what u need from there?

Sony Clie forums link is dead... but I'll shoot the dude an email anyways.

The Intellisync Lite installer looks like it's an 'update', requiring the original program. I'll download it anyways, see if (a) it installs anyways and (b) if it's useful at all.

EDIT: email sent to the address you posted, maboblivion.

sonyclie .org still up so i'm assuming guy still runs it. Gl on getting the disk iso!

Dang, forgot to post about this a couple days ago (shoulda used the Clie to remind myself!) thanks to this micah dude, hotsync is up and running. He keeps the installers as Zip archives in a ftp-only section of that site -- ftp as in "use filezilla" not ftp as in "my browser can do this!". (I fail to comprehend the difference, but explaining it would really be off topic for the thread.)

Mods can close this now, since I've got what I needed.

Back