Xp Doesn't Boot

dunna

n00b
Here's my theory (I'm noob). When I first used the system I babied the ram which was corsair xms ddr400 and only had it at 333. Now I put ram at 2.9 volts and put it up to 400 (200fsb) and the system boots fine and i got my cpu up to 2200mhz which is pretty simple overclock but everytime I finish posting windows doesn't start and the computer restarts itself. I have a antec 330watt psu and it isn't plugged into much, not sure what my problem is.

=========-==============
My vcore when trying this oc = 1.7
My timings are xms, should i relax?
=========-==============
If you have any questions or I'm unclear, ask away I'll check my post alot.

thx
dunn

-----------
Barton 2500+
Abit nf7-s rev2
512 corsair ddr400 xms
radeon 9700pro
antec 330watts
Danger den maze 4;ehiem pump 1/2 id;heator core radiator
xp home
:) :) :)

Cats always land on their feet. Toast always lands butter side down. A cat with toast strapped onto its back will hover in a state of quantum indecision.

Rofl. Sorry it's not on topic but damn that's funny for some reason.

is a bit warm but shouldn't stop it from booting unless its the memory in any case i would try puting it down to 210 and see if it works. you should only go upa few at a time to work out its max stable speed. if it doesn't work at 210 then lower it again and se wot happens

topslop1: i'm glad i made someone laugh but does make you think what if...lol

try your volts at 1.75
and even at 1.80
if the 1.75 doesn't work try the 1.8 but WATCH YOUR TEMPS

I've got the same thread basically running LOL. When you installed XP was it at the default timing off 166? I am wondering if this is a software problem with XP thinking it has been moved to another machine and not a problem with the hardware. I am waiting for more advice before formating and reinstalling.

from personal experience when XP's hardware change limit is reached its gives a message on the welcome screen or during logon telling you to ring microsoft.

I wish I paid more attention to the message. It said something about the problem could have been related to hardware changes but didnt tell me to call microsoft.

Back