XP cable modem woes

threehorn

n00b
I don't know where this post belongs, but I think it might be here. For some reason, I can't seem to connect to my cable modem on any machine using XP, be it pro or home edition. The connections seem to be fine and I know the internet is accessable (b/c i wrote this post), but for some reason, no packets are received. All of the machines only have two things in common: the OS is XP and the cpu is from AMD. Has anyone else ran into this problem or something similar before?

Has to be your config, as I am on cable, using XP Pro, and an AMD processor.. You have the firewall turned on? Good Nic? Good cat-5 cable? You have the IP set as static or dynamic? If dynamic, a DHCP server running (& working?)

Yep it's a good cable. Firewall is up. Integrated LAN on my brand new mobo a7n8x. Set as static. Very weird. The thing is all systems that are running xp can't get on, regardless of cable or firewall.

CHeck to make sure the IP is correct, and also the netmask. Otherwise, not sure what to tell ya. It should work just fine.. Who is your cable provider?

threehorn said:
Yep it's a good cable. Firewall is up. Integrated LAN on my brand new mobo a7n8x. Set as static. Very weird. The thing is all systems that are running xp can't get on, regardless of cable or firewall.

need more info on your setup.... router? because i thoughtall cable lines wree dhcp.

Back