XP boot probs after changin memory

*THK*

n00b
I am having problems with booting into windows after changing my memory. I origanally had a 2gb OCZ kit that would not run at timings. So I RMA'ed it and ordered a 2gb XMS kit that is listed in the manual and several other people using the same kit.. Whilst waiting for my other kit to get here I used a friends 1gb patriot kit and it worked fine. Now I go to put the memory in and it would not boot. Reset the CMOS and it booted. Put everything back the way it was and put the timings at 2-3-3-6 and 2.75v and rebooted. When the win xp loading screnn comes up for a few seconds then a blue screen flashes for a 10th of a second but cant read it because it reboots instantly. I really dont think its the memory. Could I possibly have to reformat and reinstall xp because of some config problem?.. Any help appreciated. Here are my specs.

A64 4000+ SD
ASUS A8N SLI-Premium
Corsair twinx 2048 3200c
2x evga 7800GT's
X-FI Fatallity
74gb Raptor
Antec TPII 550
lite-on drives.

It's possible you could have changed something else in the BIOS, but I would first download and run memtest. Once you get the system booting, go into System Properties, and disable Automatic Reboots.

If you slow down/relax the timings to something less aggressive, does Windows boot then?

Have'nt changed anything else in the BIOS. Running memtest now, No errors so far.

Back