XP-90 or 7000AlCu

Honestly, both arnt that great. Out dated and over the hill if you ask me.

Id probably go with the xp-90 though.

what would be a better heatsink

would a stock cooler for the 4200x2 or higher be better?

The stock 4 heatpipe heatsink cools pretty much the same as an xp-90. I wouldnt say its better but at least you didnt have to spend $30+ for it. :p

Get a ninja or something. XP-120, ultra90 etc... Those are all better coolers.

Surprised no one has mentioned the Zalman CNPS 9500 yet...also a very very good cooler

DaMiEn said:
Surprised no one has mentioned the Zalman CNPS 9500 yet...also a very very good cooler
Nobody ever recommends that because it costs twice as much as the ninja. Kinda pointless to spend $60-$70 for a heatsink that performs the same as a $30-$35 heatsink. But yes, it is a good heatsink.

i have a 7700alcu...same performance as a 7000 but with more airflow. i used to be 35 idle/45 load. 52 was the highest i've seen it when i was doing prime. (i didn't put enough paste on...and now i put too much on. i idle at 41 :( )

I use an si-97 (similiar to xp-90) on my 2800+ Barton. Stock cooler kept it at 40 c (idle), at stock speed (2.07GHz). The si-97 keeps it at 40c(idle) at 2.5GHz. I seem to recall that the SI-97 performed a little better than the xp-90. They should both be compatible with the same socket sets, etc. Or spring for the 120.

Back