XP 64 pro and 32bit compatibility issue

Dapperdan

Supreme [H]ardness
I have xp 64 installed and trying to install a program that I use for trading but the error I get is "Setup.exe is valid, but is for a machine type other then the current machine". I tried to change the comatibility mode to windows xp but that doesnt work. Is there a way to get this and maybe other programs installed and working on a 64 os? Thanks

Some programs use 16-bit installers. x64 doesn't support 16-bit binaries.

It's helpful to name the program you're having problems with in case someone has come across a workaround. Sometimes it's as easy as manually copying the files and creating start menu items or shortcuts.

its a custom program for trading, no one would know of it as its not public but ftr its called EDYSOL, its a type of manual entry calculator. Are there any options? Thanks for the help

Dapperdan said:
Are there any options?
You'll probably have to install it on another computer or in a session of VMWare (or similar) and move it over manually to x64.

VMWare is like a emulator that runs an OS within an OS. For example you can run Windows95 within XP in a window. Some people use this method to get at older software when changing the compaitibility mode doesn't work.

Back