• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XP-120 vs SI-120

amadeus00

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 30, 2005
Messages
136
What's the major difference between the two?

Both say it's compatiable with P4 Socket 478 >3.2GHz. Why would it make a difference in MHz? I have a Northwood 2.8C and plan to squeeze every ounce of MHZ out of it. Will this fit? I don't see why not.
 
Yeah i think they would both fit.. but if your mobo is like mine with that nb fan and otes the XP-120 wont fit... The only reason they made the SI-120 was for compatibilty issues and there is like 0.5-1*c difference in there cooling so its nothing so id get the SI-120 to make sure it fits. Just get a good 120mm fan to oc that thing:D
 
Thanks for the heads up. I will be replacing the 2.4MHz IS7-E in my sig with a 2.8MHz IC7-G. The memory is going from PC3200 to PC4000. Just a small upgrade while I use the old parts for my HTPC.
 
Back
Top