DFI Lanparty UT nf4 Ultra-D
OCZ EL Platinum Rev.2 PC3200(2 x 512MB)
Maxtor DM10 6B300S0 300GB 16MB Cache SATA HD
BFG Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI-E
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
NEC ND-3540A 16X DVD
Antec NeoPower 480W
Lian Li PC-V1000BW

Im thinking of purchasing a XP-120 to replace my stock cooler because its screams and I don't feel safe OCing on stock air. I read on Thermalright's website that the XP-120 "blocks the first PCI-E slot" . The first PCI-E slot is not the x16 slot but the smallest x1 slot. Since I don't use that anyway, I have no problem with that but there isnt much space between the first x1 slot and the second x16 slot where my 7800gtx is. Im afraid the 7800gtx single slot fan might still arise a clearance issue.

Anybody have any experience with this? or have the same setup? thanks, I really rather not settle for an XP-90. thanks in advance

the XP-120 will work just fine on the Ultra-D board.

I have one on mine and there's been no issues at all. as a matter of fact, its a great combo when used with a 120mm fan because the air passing through the heatsink also cools the power mosfets and the RAM at the same time.

cant beat that.

"settle for an XP-90"? They cool virtually the same. Unless you need the "silence" of a 120mm fan, why not get the XP-90 since it is probably $15 cheaper.

ozziegn said:
the XP-120 will work just fine on the Ultra-D board.

I have one on mine and there's been no issues at all. as a matter of fact, its a great combo when used with a 120mm fan because the air passing through the heatsink also cools the power mosfets and the RAM at the same time.

cant beat that.

it doesnt interfere with the video card at all? is there enough space to use a silencer or zalman cooler on the video card?

kirbyrj said:
"settle for an XP-90"? They cool virtually the same. Unless you need the "silence" of a 120mm fan, why not get the XP-90 since it is probably $15 cheaper.

I pretty much want the best aircooling possible, it was either the xp-90c and xp-120, and they're both the same price.

ill pay extra for the 120

kirbyrj said:

^ bah....

the XP-120 only costs like $12 (on Newegg) more than the XP-90 does. why not spend the extra $12 and go for the gusto.

also, not too mention what I said earlier about how the XP-120's 120mm fan will cool the memory and the power mosfet heatsinks at the same time. you wont get that benefit from using the XP-90 with a smaller fan. at least not as effectively anyways.

aldy402 said:
it doesnt interfere with the video card at all?

not at all. there's plenty of room between the back of the first video card and the XP-120's heatpipes.

is there enough space to use a silencer or zalman cooler on the video card?

there's about 3/4 of an inch of space between the backside of my video card and the XP-120's heatpipes. I dont know how big those silencer things are cuz I've never used one.

ozziegn said:
not at all. there's plenty of room between the back of the first video card and the XP-120's heatpipes.

there's about 3/4 of an inch of space between the backside of my video card and the XP-120's heatpipes. I dont know how big those silencer things are cuz I've never used one.

what video card are you curently using now?

Back