Xonar ST/STX Environment Effects Adjustments

Synful Serenity

[H]ard|Gawd
In typical Creative fashion, the only drivers they offer for Windows 7 for Audigy disables the control panel that allows you to specify the sound environment settings!! I like to add a bit of reverb and adjustments to the base sound, but presets just mess with it too much, and one thing I did appreciate about the Audigy was it gave you full control (until Windows 7) over the parameters of the environments like reverb (you can specify room size, decay, among others)....I'm pretty over Creative and their shoddy drivers after far too long, so now I was looking at getting a Xonar ST or STX instead.

My question is simple and boils down to this: Does the Xonar card's control panel allow you to customize the parameter of effects like reverb, or are you only limited to presets like Concert Hall, Stadium, etc? I know it has a great EQ and I really like the built-in headphone amp, but I want to adjust things like reverb as well.

This ability goes back at least to my AWE64 Gold in 1997, and I only want a subtle effect and find presets too extreme to use. Basic Realtek onboard already does effects presets, and if that's all the ST/STX does as well, then it negates the need for a $200 sound card in my case since I can just connect to a Fiio E17 and use its DAC for great sound.

In case the Xonar cards don't allow you to adjust the sound environment effects settings, does the Titanium HD?

room size+preset+mixer control, I do not know directly if there is option for reverb and such per preset, but on my DX there still is alot of control on twisting the sound the way you see fit

The Xonar STX does not allow you to change this. You are stuck with the variety of presets of which I will never use.

I suppose the alt drivers for this card may have that feature but I'm not aware of it.

Back