• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Xonar & EAX

ImAgainstIt

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
155
Can I use a Xonar card and get EAX ? with games that use EAX will the xonar do it ?

thanks
 
any game that uses eax the xonar will do. on most games it will fall back to eax2, on some it does eax5 'emulation'. the x-fi is still better for eax and 3d sound. (i have both in my pc)
however -eax is dying fast and most new games dont rely on openal or directsound3d
 
thanks for the reply, should i stay with my x-fi champion or go with a xonar or just have both installed and switch between them when needed?
 
You can install multiple audio devices, yes. I don't know what your priorities/motivations are beyond EAX though, so I can't say whether you should...if EAX is your main factor, stick with the X-Fi.

Plus, there may be better ways to spend the $$. What's the rest of your setup like?
 
My current setup is logitech z-5500 5.1 speakers and a Audio Technica ATH-A900.

I will mainly use the card for gaming and maybe later on for bluray media.

Thanks
 
Back
Top