So I just installed Ubuntu 10.04 RC and set up ALSA and got my DS working perfectly.
I booted back into Windows with the intention of playing some BC2, and discovered anytime sound tries to play, it's all staticy (I can still make out some of what is being said but it's pretty bad). Naturally my first reaction would be to go into the Xonar audio center, which I did, and made sure nothing was wrong there. I changed settings around (sample rate and changing from headphone to 2 channel) but nothing worked. Turned off the D3SD GX and that didn't work either. Removed the drivers, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted. No change.
One thing I noticed is under the Windows sound control panel it doesn't show I'm playing anything when I am. However when I go into advanced and use the test option (and set it to the highest option available) it sounds fine.
Under Ubuntu it also sounds fine. I've got volume set to around 50% in Ubuntu. I noticed when I muted it under Ubuntu and rebooted it was muted under Windows, hence my thought that the volume settings were messing things up. Didn't work though.
I booted back into Windows with the intention of playing some BC2, and discovered anytime sound tries to play, it's all staticy (I can still make out some of what is being said but it's pretty bad). Naturally my first reaction would be to go into the Xonar audio center, which I did, and made sure nothing was wrong there. I changed settings around (sample rate and changing from headphone to 2 channel) but nothing worked. Turned off the D3SD GX and that didn't work either. Removed the drivers, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted. No change.
One thing I noticed is under the Windows sound control panel it doesn't show I'm playing anything when I am. However when I go into advanced and use the test option (and set it to the highest option available) it sounds fine.
Under Ubuntu it also sounds fine. I've got volume set to around 50% in Ubuntu. I noticed when I muted it under Ubuntu and rebooted it was muted under Windows, hence my thought that the volume settings were messing things up. Didn't work though.