• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Xonar 2.1 Question

aaaaaaaaaaandy

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 10, 2006
Messages
128
I had an X-Fi Xtrememusic and it had problems with outputting 2.1, forcing me to just use a splitter. (one going to sub, the other to the monitors.) My question is, does the Xonar have this problem as well? I'm assuming that quality would be much greater if i wasn't just using a splitter and the card was actually able to deal with it. I'm planning on buying the DX soon, but I'm just hoping it won't be a waste of money.
 
So with the DX, you will either have to use a splitter or set it to 5.1 mode. The trick that makes it work much better than the X-Fi IMO, is that with the Xonar DX what you can do is virtual speaker alignment. So I just moved all the rear speakers to the same locations as the fronts on the L/R respectively and it works fine. The Xonar even lets you set the LFE Crossover point for the sub too. It's really a nice card.
 
Alright, I think I'm going to pick it up from the egg tomorrow as soon as the paycheck comes. I may or may not be posting another question to really get that working.
 
Back
Top