Xml Journal System (XJS) Beta 1

strumbum

Limp Gawd
To get the XJS Beta 1 (2.8 MB), go here: XJS Beta 1

Screenshot:
xjs_beta1.gif

I started the Xml Journal System project because I don't want to have a journal that is based online. I believe a personal journal should be the other way around, based off-line but can be sent online with ease if the user wants. I also didn't like most of the offline journals that are available for various reasons. I decided that I needed to write the journal program myself if I wanted a good journal program.

This is a Xml-based journal/diary program. It would be very easy to interface to my journal format. Entries can be secure (don't get exported), support attachments (image attachments can be added directly into the body), categories (w/images) and an HTML body. Pages are one-page entries that have their own page and link on the navigation bar. There are global images (can be added to any entry without attaching) and templates (a pre-defined entry body that can be appended to entries). The user can also search the entries and pages by keyword/field. If you need to create a temporary journal somewhere else, you can import it with the import feature. The journal can be exported (locally and to FTP) to HTML and is transformed using styles (easily written, I have included two) so that the journal can look like however the user wants. Documentation is included (found in the help menu) that explains how to do anything.

The beta includes a 7-day unlimited access time trial. There are two ways to stop the time trial. The first is enabling read-only access (always free). The second is registering the program (not available right now, no key enables registration yet).

I hope you enjoy it. If you have any problems or comments with the program, please post them here. I will take all suggestions to heart (as I have here before).

Back