• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XML Help

I'm not sure that will help me. The XML file I need the information from is not on my server so I cannot add a stylesheet to it. I can only link to the file.
 
screwmesa said:
I'm not sure that will help me. The XML file I need the information from is not on my server so I cannot add a stylesheet to it. I can only link to the file.

you could use a server-side script to import the XML file from the website, then transform it on the server and dish it out as HTML. of course, this is more complicated, and there may be other soultions i'm not aware of.
XSLT on the Server
 
Ok, I've got this in an html file named blah.html:

Code:
<html>
<body>
<%
'Load XML
set xml = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xml.async = false
xml.load(Server.MapPath("http://futureready.org/xml/?pid=bcTcB3tO"))

'Load XSL
set xsl = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
xsl.async = false
xsl.load(Server.MapPath("blah.xsl"))

'Transform file
Response.Write(xml.transformNode(xsl))
%> 
</body>
</html>

and this in a .xsl file named blah.xls both files are in the same directory:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"><xsl:template match="/">
  <html>
  <body>
<xsl:for-each select="statistics/school%20pid='bcTcB3tO'/votes">
<xsl:value-of select="total_votes" />
<xsl:value-of select="hottest" />
</xsl:for-each>
  </body>
  </html>
</xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>


and it's coming up blank....any help?
 
screwmesa said:
Ok, I've got this in an html file named blah.html:

Code:
xml.async = false
xml.load(Server.MapPath("http://futureready.org/xml/?pid=bcTcB3tO"))

%> 
</body>
</html>


and it's coming up blank....any help?

Server.MapPath only works with files loacted inside the web root folder. this would be fairly easy to do with PHP. I'll look around to see if ASP has a solution
 
Back
Top