xmen first class bluray shenanigans

BIG$pender

Weaksauce
Not 100% software related, (wrong forum perhaps), But i need to know wtf is going on with the xmen first class bluray. My wife went out and bought me a copy at Walmart while i was at work, Got home popped it in....black screen, bluray player whirring and clicking away. "ffs" got some message about updating firmware, Fine...did that, Tried again...black screen. At this point i was going to return it for a replacement. Googled the problem, Found some obscure forum thread where other people were having similar problems like "The audio is fine, But picture freezes every few seconds" etc. The solution? delete the bluray folder, Disable wireless access for the player.

So i went back, Tried all this and finally had to sit through 2 minutes of black screen, The firmware warning again, the FOX logo...twice for some reason (good thing too i almost forgot which studio it was because the black screen in between the two logos was so long) then a logo from some other studio "bad hat harry" or something, then FINALLY! the menu. Holy shit! that is a lot of effort to watch this legit, paid for bluray. Wasted about an hour doing all of this. Boy these days if you want to watch a movie, You have to really, really, really want to see that shit!

Anyway, From what i've been reading, This is some new damn copy protection, Or codec change. If you buy a copy be sure to have something else to do while you wait for the menu, Like build a new deck, Take diving lessons, Make a canoe out of an old log with a pocket knife...dunno just suggestions.

man, that sucks! they've gotten too crazy with that anti-piracy stuff, now you can't even enjoy a movie without fighting with it first!

Typical studio drm bs, legit paying consumers screwed yet again,while the people who pirate content laugh and enjoy drm free movies,games, music, etc.

The studios will never learn, stop treating the paying customer like a pirate. The true pirates still get their jollies while studios are intent on driving away those willing to pay since it is easier to download and play than to put up with these 'updates'

Options:
a) Hit self over the head with a mallet, or
b) Download a perfectly working copy.

Honestly, what are the studios expecting here?

Options:
a) Hit self over the head with a mallet, or
b) Download a perfectly working copy.

Honestly, what are the studios expecting here?

LOL I am getting realy Goddamn tired of the lumps on my head

I finally got fed up with being forced to watch previews and rip all my movies now. Play them through PS3 and go straight to main feature, no fuss.

$25 is pretty darn fair to own a copy of a movie that cost $100 million to make... silly pirates.

It's sad that we have to go through this process like. At some point these studios have to understand all customers want to do just just enjoy their movie without being treated as theives. Those who want to steal this or any movie will do so.

Back