• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XMarks vs Delicious

MScrip

Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
724
Is XMarks better than Delicious? Other threads seem to have many fans of XMarks.

I use Delicious for sites I find and need to remember later... not everyday stuff. For instance, if I find a cool article about CSS... I tag it with "CSS" and "websites" and I can find it later in my Delicious sidebar.

But all of my regular frequent bookmarks are on my bookmark bar for quick access.

Is XMarks better for that? Or should I continue with Delicious?
 
I use XMarks with Firefox because it does exactly what I need: synchronize my bookmarks across multiple systems. XMarks can also synchronize/backup settings, but I have no real need for that.

I haven't used Delicious, so all I can say is that you should use whatever best fits your needs.
 
Yeah, I haven't dug into delicious, but I know that Xmarks pretty much does what you need: backup bookmarks, and let you sync them across multiple computers. That's not saying anything AGAINST delicious though.
 
My preference is for xmarks. it just seems to work out a little better for me.

I do use the main delicious site, but just to find new stuff
 
I find Delicious more towards my needs then xmarks as I have thousands of bookmarks.

Didn't realize this thread was old *reports own post*
 
You won't get people whining about 'thread-necromancy' until the thread is from last year or worse usually, so don't worry ;)
 
Back
Top