xintensity settings and high stales

XViper

Gawd
I'm uncertain if it's related to the pool or rather just xintensity setting.

I've been running with regular intensity at 20 and it does about 940kh/s and 890 on another card. Per suggestions for xintensity settings, I set it to 1100. It bumps everything up to 960 and 900 respectively but the stales are high >10%.

engine clock at 1000, memory at 1500 for one card
engine clock at 920, memory at 1500

Both R9 290x's, one Sapphire Tri-X and one reference XFX.

I'm using Scryptguild and Sgminer.

On a separate note, I tried mining on coinshift and it's marked as dead on sgminer, when will it come back? I restarted the rig and it won't let me switch to coinshift as it's marked as a dead pool. How do i "revive" it?

A dead pool usually means the problem is on the pool's end. Did you ensure the stratum URL was correct? Maybe it changed? If you've run your 290X's at the pool before, did you notice that many stales before? I assume you're running one instance of sgminer for both cards otherwise they might be given the same work assuming you're using one worker. I've always had luck with using one worker per instance of sgminer/cgminer.

A dead pool usually means the problem is on the pool's end. Did you ensure the stratum URL was correct? Maybe it changed? If you've run your 290X's at the pool before, did you notice that many stales before? I assume you're running one instance of sgminer for both cards otherwise they might be given the same work assuming you're using one worker. I've always had luck with using one worker per instance of sgminer/cgminer.

I can double check but all the settings appear correct.

The issue with the stales is that I noticed t wasn't that high before. Do i need to increase difficulty? Could it just be this?

Depends on coin being mined. Also try g2 if you haven't already.

1100?

lets work it out ...

2^20 ~ 1,048,576
1,048,576 / 2816 ~ 372

so at

1100 = x / 2816

1100 * 2816 = x
3,097,600 = x

that puts your intensity @ nearly 21.5 .

try reducing your intensity to 372 for starters, which is intensity of 20, see if that helps, if that doesn't help, try going down even further. Additionally what is your difficulty setting?

Difficulty on Scryptguild is starting at 15 but it's said that it adjusts itself.

I will check on intensity when I get home, I have changed it back to intensity 20 this morning to see how it fares up.

I did two things, I changed the difficulty to 512 and I also changed it back to intensity 20. I'm now looking at about 4.17% stales. I prefer it a bit lower but I don't think that will happen. Unless someone familiar with the pool can say it's supposed to be lower.

I did two things, I changed the difficulty to 512 and I also changed it back to intensity 20. I'm now looking at about 4.17% stales. I prefer it a bit lower but I don't think that will happen. Unless someone familiar with the pool can say it's supposed to be lower.

Also depends on what you're mining.

For DOGE 4.17% is an acceptable number for both reject+stale.

Do you have "disable submit of stales"? if it's a switching pool then it should not be disabled, as when you switch coins, the last job will come up as stale, but when you submit it ,it will be accepted.

It's in a pool so I'm sure it's mining all different kinds of coins.

Disable submit of stales is not on so it's submitting.

Back