Xigmatek S1283 Question

aznofazns

Limp Gawd
Does anyone know of some good ways to mount two fans on the S1283 for a push-pull config? I'm currently using four zipties (one in each corner of the fans) looped through the heatsink, but now it's gone badly crooked and I can't fix it without cutting the zipties. I was thinking of cutting small triangles of 3M double-sided tape to stick each fan corner onto the heatsink itself, but there must be a better way (I also don't really want to buy a giant roll of tape that I'll hardly use).

Update: I'm also looking for a pair of white/blue UV reactive fans that emit a glow like the one in this picture. I don't really like the way my current LED-equipped Yate Loon looks: it's too bright and not eerie-looking at all.This one looks okay but I'd rather only the fan blades be UV, not the outer casing. Also, they need to push at least 60cfm each without exceeding 35db. Thanks in advance!

img00033200910222320.jpg

img00034200910222321.jpg

Last edited:
you could try taking a very thing bolt thats long enough to fit from one fan to the other.. then bolt them together.. should be able to hold the fans there.. ya may have to bend a couple fins but wont make a difference in performance..

I'd rather not bend the fins, I already messed some of them up just looping the zipties through. Is there a metal wire that would work on the S1283? Something like this that's compatible with my heatsink?

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like I'm going to buy a roll of 3M 4010 and cut triangles for the corners.

What about the UV fans though? I've been searching around and all I can find are Gelid Wing 12's, which look PERFECT but are about $10 more than I can justify spending on a fan.

Last edited:
I just zip tied mine and bent a bunch of the fins.

Mine are 120x38mm so...it was a tad more trick!

I just zip tied mine and bent a bunch of the fins.

Mine are 120x38mm so...it was a tad more trick!

Do you mind posting some photos so I can see how you did it? I used zip ties to let the fans basically "hang" on the upper rod in the heatsink, but the rod is positioned about half an inch too low.

I used 3M double sided tape (not 4010, but some industrial strength one (?)... Didn't have'em at Home Depot) to attach both fans to my heatsink. My heatsink stands vertically from the floor. Both fans hold up well.

tl;dr Use industrial strength 3M double sided tape and cut triangles with it.

Back