• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xigmatek S1283 Help

Scratch

n00b
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
55
First, thanks to those that recommended this heatsink. Appears to be very well made. Came with a 120mmfan. I also opted for the metal mb support from this company.
I'm mounting the heatsink on my E8500/Gigabyte EP45-UD3R and I'm concerned about the fan orientation.
Should I mount it to blow toward the back of the case, which is toward a 120mm exhaust fan ? Or, should I have it blow up toward the power supply ? :confused:
Or, doesn't it matter much.
The case is a Lian Li PC-K7.
Many thanks for your assistance.
Scratch
 
Blow backwards to the exhaust. Thats what it is there for and you don't exactly want to rely on the powersupply's fan for major exhaust anyways. It has enough heat to deal with due to it's internal components getting relatively hot.
 
Blow backwards to the exhaust. Thats what it is there for and you don't exactly want to rely on the powersupply's fan for major exhaust anyways. It has enough heat to deal with due to it's internal components getting relatively hot.

Seconded.
 
I don't mean to hijack this thread but instead of making my own thread I feel I should ask it in here. I'm using the Antec 900 so should I orient the fan so it blows out the rear 120mm or the top 200mm?
 
Wow! Quick and accurate responses.:cool:
Many thanks guys.
One more (if I may)
The base of the Zigmatek looks pretty good, but being a bit anal, I'm going to go ahead and lap it. Clean up with acetone or alcohol. Please jump in with any objections/suggestions.
Cheers!
Scratch...
P.S. No problem, Nosenuggets.
 
The base of the Zigmatek looks pretty good, but being a bit anal, I'm going to go ahead and lap it. Clean up with acetone or alcohol. Please jump in with any objections/suggestions.

Lap it only minimally. The exposed heatpipes mean that you'll have to be very careful not to rupture the heatpipes, which would naturally render the entire heatsink useless.
 
Back
Top