XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 users!

Mekanic01

Gawd
What case are you using, and how's your clearance? I'm looking at cases, and not sure how much room I'll have to accommodate?

Or recommend me a decent case with sufficient QUIET airflow?

I just picked up this cooler seeing that it is ranked #2 in frostytech.com... I'll be using this in a CM Stacker 830...which should fit with no problem :-P

CM590 - about half a cm of clearance to the side panel (don't even think about using a fan on the top fan mount on the panel).

(Similar experience to what AmberClad posted)...

CoolerMaster CM 690. The ending part of the heat pipes above the fins are about 3/4" from the side panel, so you can't use the top fan of that side panel (if you were planning on installing one).

BTW this has a very nice airflow, but it's not silent at all. If you have the fans at full speed you will definitely notice them. Fair trade for the amount of airflow the case has in my opinion.

I have the RocketFish Full tower, and I would guesstimate that I have 1cm-2cm of clearance.

Plenty of room in the Lian Li A05. Having the rear intake blowing directly on it also helps keep the CPU super cool.

im using the Rocketfish Lian Li case, i have lots of clearanec :)

its on a

p35 gigabyte board

Thermaltake Armor 8003BWS, the one w/ the side fan. It seems as if there's little > no clearance w/ the side panel fan, at most 1-2mm I'd imagine before it interferes w/ the fan.. But as they say, close but no cigar - all is well. I find it has more than enough airflow, and it stays quiet too w/ all the case fans @ ~6.5-7v (use a Vantec controller)... Noticeably quieter than my Swiftech water setup was w/ the dual Delta M's (again @ 7v normally).

And I can echo the statement on the CM 690, I tried it in that case too..The side panel fits on just fine, decent clearance, but as noted you won't be able to use a side panel fan in that spot.

Hmm, could be a problem then. I'm getting the MSI P35 Neo2-FR board, and I want to put it in an ATOP Gladiator AT878BK-C case. I now it's probably not a great case, but I can't afford to buy and AlienWare for the case design, and that's what I want. This one is pretty close. Problem being, the case measures 7.8" wide, and I'm not sure that the HSF will fit. Most of the cases, if not all that have been mentioned above have about 8.3" or so width. From the looks of the pictures, the HSF should not however, interfere with the side panel fan. Well, one can hope, anyway.

Anyways, thanks for the input!

EDIT: Ooomph! I just found a similar case that looks better. The Xoxide Alien-X Case, and it's cheaper, but I have to convert the measurements from mm to inches. (7.87")

i just installed this cooler along with 3 120mm side fans in the CMstacker 830, I get a max load temp of 55C on a [email protected] and the AS5 hasn't even cured yet! Amazing cooler!

I wonder if it will fit in my P150. My Ninja fits in there with about an inch to spare.

This one is pretty close. Problem being, the case measures 7.8" wide, and I'm not sure that the HSF will fit. Most of the cases, if not all that have been mentioned above have about 8.3" or so width.
Well, keep in mind that some of those cases have non-standard internal layouts which results in the increased width. The CM590, for example - the side panel on the motherboard side is removable because there's a storage area behind the motherboard tray for hiding cables. It's 8.3" from side panel to side panel. It's not 8.3" from the motherboard tray to the side panel - it's going to be around an inch less than that.

I had the Xigmatek 1283:
- A+ X-Blade: No problems, plenty of room left
- Thermaltake Mozart TX: No problems, plenty of room left
- Thermaltake Armor+: No problems, quite some room left

As for a new case I would recommend the Armor+, it comes with removable motherboard tray, good built quality, lots of cooling options, good tool-free design and decent cable management. It's also very large, you have so much room to work with.... nothink interferes here: long video cards aren't a problem, large coolers aren't a problem and a regular internal watercooling solution should work too.

The X-Blade has similar measurements as the Alien-X, so provided the motherboard tray is at least close to the same, I should be ok. Thanks for the info everybody.

Using it with a cm690. I am able to have my 2 140mm fans on top and there is still a little room to spare. I'm just unable to put a fan on the top mount of the side panel, but thats no big deal for me. Very happy with the case and the cooler. Excellent airflow, good features, and its cheap (both the hsf and the case).

I am using the rocketfish full tower. the xigma has plenty of clearance and the case is pretty quiet. the fan setup is basic but effective, great case if you want a clean looking tower with tons of room to work with.

Here a couple of pics of the RS1283 (just lights are the difference) in a CM 690. There's about an inch from the top of the heatsink pipes to side panel, I had to take off my side fan over the CPU.

redscorpion3sw6.jpg

redscorpion2sw7.jpg

I am using the rocketfish full tower. the xigma has plenty of clearance and the case is pretty quiet. the fan setup is basic but effective, great case if you want a clean looking tower with tons of room to work with.
Good to hear that, I got a Rocketfish case too. I heard that Xigmatek announced a second generaion of HDT-1283, I might try that one once it's on sale at newegg.

it should be able to fit in any mid tower case. the only issue you may have, however, is if the side panel of the case has a fan over the CPU area (i.e. CM Stacker 830/832, Thermaltake Tsumami, Antec 900, etc...)

Good to hear that, I got a Rocketfish case too. I heard that Xigmatek announced a second generaion of HDT-1283, I might try that one once it's on sale at newegg.

That 1284 got and early review and it was worse than the 1283 because of how the pipes line up with the CPU IHS :p

Anybody have any problems with any of the fins popping off the HeatPipes? When I first pulled mine out of the package, the top fin just popped right off. I pushed it back down and it snapped/clicked into place, but I was just curious. Worst case I use something like a tiny dab of JB Weld or something to make sure it stays in place.

Back