Xigmatek Achilles s1284 Revised??

XboxodX

Gawd
Joined
Jun 26, 2006
Messages
704
Does anyone know what Xigmatek is changing on the s1284 cooler as opposed to the original version? I've been hearing that a revised version is coming out and I would like to know exactly what is changed and when it supposed to be made available as I am in the market for a new HSF. This review, on that page, states that a "revised version is supposed to be out on June 4th", but I can't find anything on it. Any info?
 
My guess is that theyre unstaggering the heatpipes, because that was one of the big issues with the achilles.
 
Its bullshit IMO, was just Xigmatek covering their own ass saying a new revision would be out soon. Xigmatek knew the 1284 was worse than the 1283 for many applications and is selling it simply because people think more = better.
 
Back
Top