• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Xi-Fi Vista64 Issue

Bubba99

n00b
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
5
Hi all

I just put my new rig together and everything works perfectly - except for a sound issue. I'm running Vista64 with a PCI Express Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro on an Asus Maximus II motherboard.

The problem. The sound works until the computer goes to sleep. Upon wake - no sound. When I restart - the sound is back.

Any suggestions. I double checked that onboard sound is turned off and i'm running the latest creative drivers. I also tried the latest creative beta drivers.

Thanks!

Bubba99
 
Maybe check the BIOS to see if there are power options regarding standy/sleep mode? Ensure it is is set for S3, for instance.

If playing with those options doesn't work you could check for a BIOS update for your motherboard, or just simply not have your computer sleep and see if you can use standby or hibernate instead.

At least on my motherboard the computer sleeps without the Titanium having issues.
 
I have the same issue - but I am currenlty using Supreme FXII built-in audio - but when it resumes from sleep (S3) - the sound is disabled - so my guess it is not connected to the X-Fi titanium... ??

Asus Rampage Formula / Q9450 / 8 GB RAM / 2x HD4870 / Corsair 1000w

Please update this thread in case you find a solution.

Best Regards,

Splattergnejs
 
I'm using an MSI P35 Neo2-FR motherboard with a SB X-Fi Fatal1ty PCI (not PCI-E) and Vista x64 and have no problems with audio after waking from sleep.

It works even with the built in audio AND the ATI HDMI audio drivers active.

So at least you know that it's not a common flaw with Vista x86 and the Creative Drivers that won't work with other configurations... it may just be a PCI-E X-Fi issue.
 
Bubba99 - Do you have Steam running while going into sleep?

I found that Steam caused my sound disabling problem - shut down Steam before going into S3 and everything works like a charm!

/Splattergnejs:D
 
Back
Top