So I recently reinstalled Windows XP and applied every update known to the OS.
After indexing my Music Collection and Installing my Games and Mods I decided I would do what anyone would, play my games. But I find that after 15 to 20 minutes in most games I get either my program crashing or a VPU error. The two games that I really see the problem in consistently would be Morrowind and GTA4
In Morrowind I get a VPU error within minutes of playing and its not a likelihood its a guarantee. Now I did try ATi Overdrive a couple times and used its auto OC tool to figure out my best Stable clocks. I figured it would give me a modest OC but It seemed to artifact and give more constant VPU errors when OCed. So I disabled overdrive and I have been running it at stock clocks since. On a side note Overdrive was only enabled for about 2 to 3 hours with no real gaming done due to constant crashing followed by a quick change to defaults.
GTA4 simply crashes and I figure that would be the horrible patch they released for the game. Anyways if someone knows a solution or has this problem before and taken steps to avoid this VPU error nonsense please help!
After indexing my Music Collection and Installing my Games and Mods I decided I would do what anyone would, play my games. But I find that after 15 to 20 minutes in most games I get either my program crashing or a VPU error. The two games that I really see the problem in consistently would be Morrowind and GTA4
In Morrowind I get a VPU error within minutes of playing and its not a likelihood its a guarantee. Now I did try ATi Overdrive a couple times and used its auto OC tool to figure out my best Stable clocks. I figured it would give me a modest OC but It seemed to artifact and give more constant VPU errors when OCed. So I disabled overdrive and I have been running it at stock clocks since. On a side note Overdrive was only enabled for about 2 to 3 hours with no real gaming done due to constant crashing followed by a quick change to defaults.
GTA4 simply crashes and I figure that would be the horrible patch they released for the game. Anyways if someone knows a solution or has this problem before and taken steps to avoid this VPU error nonsense please help!