• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX Warranty Question

96redformula

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 29, 2005
Messages
2,614
I could be mistaken, but I thought XFX allowed users to remove the heatsink from their video cards. I have a swiftech MW60 setup in my watercooling loop from my last card(not being used yet) and while looking for the serial to register the card, I noticed two stickers over the GPU screws that state warranty void if removed.

So are users allowed to change heatsink from the cards and still retain warranty?
 
I would personally call and ask and not rely on any answers on a forum in regards to warranty. Best to be straight up with the company than to find out differently after the fact.
 
If you're in the US then you can remove the heatsink without voiding your warranty. The stickers were put there because some regions aren't afforded that option.
 
If you're in the US then you can remove the heatsink without voiding your warranty. The stickers were put there because some regions aren't afforded that option.

Yes, located in the USA. Thanks, I have the XFX representative's name here on the forums and will send him a PM just to confirm.
 
Back
Top