• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX warranty question

preyed

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
374
It doesn't really say on their website, or at least I couldn't find it, but if you buy a new card from an individual instead of a "Retail Shop" are you still covered? I know most places when you try and RMA it, will ask for an invoice, so would I just show them I bought it from another person on paypal and that would suffice? Or what should I do when it asks about where I bought it when I try to register it?
 
It doesn't really say on their website, or at least I couldn't find it, but if you buy a new card from an individual instead of a "Retail Shop" are you still covered? I know most places when you try and RMA it, will ask for an invoice, so would I just show them I bought it from another person on paypal and that would suffice? Or what should I do when it asks about where I bought it when I try to register it?

In order for it to work, the original owner needed to have registered the warranty with XFX. When they do, they'll have a list of all their registered cards, and with each, a "Reg Code" listed on the XFX site. When you buy the card from them, they give you that reg code, which you enter when registering your card, and the warranty transfers.

If they never registered it? Then, I dunno.
 
In order for it to work, the original owner needed to have registered the warranty with XFX. When they do, they'll have a list of all their registered cards, and with each, a "Reg Code" listed on the XFX site. When you buy the card from them, they give you that reg code, which you enter when registering your card, and the warranty transfers.

If they never registered it? Then, I dunno.

If the original owner never registered, then XFX only covers the card for ONE YEAR. And that warrranty is not transferrable to the next buyer.

Unless the eBay seller is a well-known online retailer like TigerDirect, it would be difficult for OP to show XFX that the card bought is indeed "new".
 
Nah, I bought it from someone here that got it from BestBuy when they were trying to get rid of them, so I should just give him the serial and have him register and then just have him transfer it to me?


Thanks for the quick replies btw.
 
Nah, I bought it from someone here that got it from BestBuy when they were trying to get rid of them, so I should just give him the serial and have him register and then just have him transfer it to me?

Thanks for the quick replies btw.

The original buyer must register with XFXwithin 30 days of purchase from BestBuy to qualify for the Double Lifetime Warranty.
 
Nah, I bought it from someone here that got it from BestBuy when they were trying to get rid of them, so I should just give him the serial and have him register and then just have him transfer it to me?


Thanks for the quick replies btw.

make sure he registers within 30days of buying it, get your code then register it.
 
Back
Top