XFX To Sell ATi Based Video Cards

HardOCP News

[H] News
Well, it looks as though the rumors we posted almost a month ago about XFX partnering with ATi have been confirmed. Obviously the folks at NVIDIA can’t be too happy right now, this is a huge feather in AMD’s cap. Who is next? EVGA maybe?

We've managed to confirm that XFX will join the ATI camp at the start of the new year. XFX won't drop Nvidia products either, but obviously, Nvidia won't be thrilled by this turn of events.

Looks like I'll consider buyin an ATI card again! Thanks for this info, will keep this in mind for my next build!

so far nvidia had really good partners now that some of them are trickling down to ATI does that mean better warranties and maybe a step-up program for ATI cards just like EVGA has been doing with Nvidia based cards?

awesome!! now i'll get xfx/ati :D:D

I use to worry and wonder, which brand of amd cards to get. Now i wont have toooo!!

if they bring over the Lifetime warranty over to the ATi camp I might pick one up

Evga or BFG would be a much bigger feather in AMD's cap,always considered XFX as a poor third.

this is fantastic news. now ati owners will have a real rma service available to them.

so far nvidia had really good partners now that some of them are trickling down to ATI does that mean better warranties and maybe a step-up program for ATI cards just like EVGA has been doing with Nvidia based cards?

+1
Step-up for ATI GPUs would be really nice.

I'm glad to see this, if only for the dire need for proper warranties on AMD video cards.

If XFX/EVGA/BFG becomes an ATI member, I can finally get ATI cards... do you think that your BFG, XFX or EVGA would be able to cross platform step-up? ATI HD 4870 to GeForce 285, or GTX 260 to HD 4870 X2? That combined with the warranty would be perfect.

XFX (brand reputation) was one of the primary reasons I was sticking to nV's cards... my first XFX was a 6600GT.

Now I'll have a top notch brand to move to in the other camp, when ATi wins video card rounds.

oh man! please let that happen soon! because i like the XFX video card alot just because they have black PCB! lol

is the visiontek lifetime warranty is that bad? because i have a visiontek 4850 :confused:

I am hoping for some insanely high clocked AMD cards finally.

XFX is one to offer very high clock speeds with their "XXX" and "Black Edition" lines.

Nice to see that XFX will support both brands.

Would like to see XFX apply their Double Lifetime Warranty to the ATI cards.

Eager to hear what cards they'll produce, and actually see them.

Evga or BFG would be a much bigger feather in AMD's cap,always considered XFX as a poor third.

I don't disagree with BFG and EVGA being a bigger haul, but I'm glad xfx is onboard. If they don't come around, I'll be looking forward to a XFX 5870 here!

That Fud article said that the XFX deal left nvidia with only one exclusive partner, evga.

If I'm not wrong, BFG is an exclusively nvidia GPU partner.

I like the fact that XFX will carry ATI products. They have great customer service and good (double lifetime) warranties.:D

I hope evga doesn't start selling ATI cards right after I pick up this 4870 :p
I think evga is the only company I am kind of a fanboy for, no particular reason even, I think I have only owned one or two of their cards. I think I just really like their logo/box/card cover art/designs. haha :rolleyes:

This is a good thing to see for ATI. If more companies follow XFX in offering both products, that will be a shocker. I do wonder if this is a sign of things to come in the future.

i m sure it won t be until next series but I would <3 an xfx 4850X2 when I upgrade to phenom 2

Well, it looks as though the rumors we posted almost a month ago about XFX partnering with ATi have been confirmed. Obviously the folks at NVIDIA can’t be too happy right now, this is a huge feather in AMD’s cap. Who is next? EVGA maybe?

'Bought bloody time someone decent started making the cards, if they have the lifetime warranty, then that is even better, might even make the older ATi manufacturers step up their game a little.

great chance for xfx to capture ati market lack of competitors will make them top choice unlike on nvidia side where you have bfg and evga as opponent

When I read the rumors a month ago, I had hope it'd be true and now it is :D

Hopefully XFX will have all the same support/warranties as they do for their Nvidia cards for ATI cards.

Isn't the ATI's refresh in beginning of next year?

I am hoping for some insanely high clocked AMD cards finally.

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear (to quote an old saying). ATI pushes their chips almost to the limit by design to begin with. Kind of like AMD CPUs don't OC as well as Intel.

Whatever, last three cards have been EVGA. Only other Nvidia card was a BFG. As someone said, XFX is kind of a poor third.

I truly hope EVGA does not switch over to ATI....

Why? XFX isn't going to stop making Nvidia cards, and neither would EVGA I'm assuming. I don't see how having more choices could be a bad thing, unless you are a die hard Nvidia fanboy or something. If it wasn't for AMD the GTX280 would still be $600 and the GTX260 $400. Competition is a good thing.

It actually makes a lot of sense offering cards from both ATi and Nvidia, since they both hold significant shares of the discreet GPU market.

This would definitely give me a better reason to go ATI. Any word on when this is happening? Or any projections at least?

We'll I see no official announcement on XFX's website, so until they make the announcement I still don't believe it.

As for those of you doubting the quality of XFX, I've owned 2 of their OC cards and so far both have been going strong for 3yrs plus with no issues. Personally I think the quality of their cards are just as good as EVGA/BFG.

They just don't have a step-up program which a lot of you on here seem to love, but I don't upgrade cards everytime a new one is released so it's not that big a deal to me.

They do always pack in a newer game for free that is generally very good and if you don't have it is a plus as well and tend to be the same price as the other too with usually higher factory warranted OC's which is another plus.

Awesome news. I love my XFX cards, and the fact that the year old used one I bought is still under warranty :D

Back