XFX Rebates?

taylorwilsdon

2[H]4U
I bought an XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog back in early September, the 3rd I believe.

I turned in the rebate immediately. After a month, I checked the status. Nothing showed up... The company (CheckMyRebate.com) claimed they didn't have it. I sent a stern email and wouldn't you know it, they "found" it. Classy.

Anyways, Its been like 3 months and I still don't have any money. It says it was processed and is pending final audit, but the rebate form said I'd have my money in 8 weeks (you'll receive your check in 8 weeks from sending it in) so clearly that's bullshit. XFX's site is impossible to navigate and they won't reply to my emails, neither will the rebate company.

Is it a friggin' scam?

No clue. Although there have always been accounts where users either never get their rebates or they are extremely late. As far as i'm concerned, a MIR is just a gamble anyway. Sometimes ya win, sometimes ya don't. Tis' why i never base my allowable resources on the price after MIR. I hope you get it though! How much was it, if you don't mind me asking?

But to answer your final question, no, i don't think its a 'scam'. I think think they just have a office building full of blind/deaf/mutes who intentionally look for ways to make you ineligible.

I had a rebate on an XFX 8800GT ($40) back in march and it got it back within two months. Wouldn't say its a scam, but I have been dealing with a similar issue with Antec - they say the sent it, I don't get it, they say they'll re-issue and send again, I don't get it. It's now in about the third cycle and they want me to file the original paperwork again, but unfortunately for me, I've moved twice since March (gotta love college) and can't find it. Sorry to hear you're dealing with the same bs.

I have never had a problem with a rebate (that didn't get resolved to my satisfaction). I do have some ideas of what to do if I did. First off, where did you purchase your card from? If from newegg, make a comment in the reviews section of that item. Many manufacturers seem to check there and respond to comments. Don't be nasty but then don't go easy on them either.

Second thing I would do is what you already did. Start a thread here and maybe even some other forums. I would actually have used a more explicit title like "Are XFX Rebate a scam?" or "XFX, where is my Rebate!". This is a popular forum so threads like that just hurt their company. Lots of people see this and it just eats away at the goodwill they took so long to build.

If you don't get any response within a few days, write XFX a letter. Tell them that you have not received your rebate and that you have not received any response to your emails. Tell them about what other actions you have taken such as this thread or writing a negative review on the site you purchased it from. And finish it off with reminding them of their legal obligation to honor the rebate. There is no contract between you and the rebate processing company. XFX is ultimately responsible for the rebate. And though it may seem like a petty amount to them, to you it is not and you are willing to take them to small claims court if they do not honor the rebate.

I will keep checking back every so often on this thread and this will be on the 1st page or close to it most of them time until this is resolved. XFX is only hurting themselves by not addressing this appropriately.

Didn't know there was a XFX rep on the forum already.

I also emailed XFX and informed them about this thread.

I PM'd the XFX guy and we've swapped a few messages. I gave him my details and the documentation for my rebate, now its more thumb twiddling :)

Hopefully they can figure this out. Its friggin' $30, not worth losing a customer over!

Yeah the XFX dude helped me out and the check mysteriously arrived. I still don't trust Checkmyrebate at all, but XFX is on my good list.

I am very wary of rebates especially with reports of big rebate companies going belly up.

I just sent in 4 rebates, hopefully I wont have any problems this time... I havent had problems in the past luckily

XFX is fine by me.
Always very helpful.
Had an 8800 GT go belly up and they were right there to RMA me pronto.

Pretty much in the same league as BFG and EVGA.:D

Back