XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition in stock at newegg

ouch... why is it $364?

honestly... isnt the msrp of those $250!?

im happy with my asus 5850 :)

Nobody buy this please. Newegg can go F' themselves.

Just to point out, that is the stock OC version which naturally have a higher price. Considering the meager OC though, definitely not worth the premium price point.

lol

that's $25 less than I paid for my 5870

Good point. XFX marketing sucks! If I could find one (that being the main point) there's no reason for me to get one over a 5870.

Great catch on the deal OP, but I shall brand this card the:

XFX FAIL edition! :D

Looks like the vanilla 5850 and 5870 also went up by $30.

I have this black edition in my cart, going to order! What's an extra few bucks when I've waited this long!

lol I did some googling when I saw this available at newegg. Trying to get some info since I hate buying stuff I don't know anything about. Was just about to buy anyways since I've been trying to get a 5850 for 2+weeks now and I'm tired of having my desktop be nearly unusable. The 15 of mins of googling and waiting to get this account regd cost me though.

Anyways, best guess for when a 5850(or 5870) is actually available?

If I had gotten this one, would i just be overpaying a little because of demand?

Yeah, i saw $364 and laughed too.. but then the "in stock" started kicking in and i jumped on it. 5850/5870 is not a huge difference, and it gives me more of a chance to crossfire them easier once prices go down.

I knew they would be out of stock again if I couldnt justify the price. All in all, im pleased, even if it was a little more.

Grats to those who got one.
But it's the 5870 XXX edition that looks really sexy.
For only $30 more than a regular 5870....

Dude, I bet you could sell that thing for $600 on ebay easily, LOL.
Not that I'd do that, but it's tempting.
Then take that money and buy another 5970? :D

Back