XFX nVidia 8200 cmos reset

Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
8
Hey everyone. I decided to do some wire-relocating today because of the mess my case was in. As i was doing the rewiring i accidentally hit the clear cmos button. now when i turn my computer on nothing happens...i even reset the jumper on the bios back to default config. (i had it unlocked to overclock)

I also took the cmos battery out, turned the power on, turned off, replaced the cmos battery and powered on again. before i removed the cmos battery i was getting a d5 error on the debug panel in the back of the mobo, now nothing is coming up. I'm racked for ideas. Anyone think they can help? Thanks much guys...
 
Do this...

Take the CMOS jumper off, power on the system. If it works, great, turn it off and put it back on 1-2. If no, put it on 2-3, power on...should reboot and clear CMOS, put back on 1-2 and you should be good.

If all else fails, leave CMOS battery out and touch metal contacts with screwdriver to discharge, have jumper on 1-2 and try to power up.
 
Back
Top