XFX NEWEGG IN STOCK!!

Got one ,Thanks.
asus bios loaded on other cards and then overclock via software...me gonna get on that.

Tiger direct .. slow as helll
shooo zippyzoom fly . .... false advertise

Newegg = Best place to buy

Last edited:
Ordered mine about 10 minutes ago :) I canceled my order for it at ZZF they suck. I should have it monday...

All caps thread is ftl, but the usefulness of the card makes up for it.

bump

I've heard that the 5870 is slightly longer than the GTX285. That worries me, because the GTX285 in my Antec P180B case just barely fits. I really hope that the 5870 fits in this case...

It is, but it's entirely because of the cooler sticking out, and it's only by about a quarter of an inch I believe.

Nice that's about how much room is left. If it fits its going to probably touch the case its that tight.

They seemed to be available for over an hour. I was surprised at how long they lasted really. :) Sold out again now of course.

They seemed to be available for over an hour. I was surprised at how long they lasted really. :) Sold out again now of course.

In stock right now.... so is the gigabyte version

I ordered one, going to call ZZF tomorrow and tell them to shove it up their .... yeaaahhh

I grabbed the asus version, well its asus of xfx for me, I got the asus so I can play around with the voltage tweak feature and crank that baby up while I am gaming. I don't mind the fan speed when gaming. because My AC in the room usually takes over any sound, I am so used that thing being on in the summer that my ears miss the sound in the winters. although I was waiting for the xfx as well but read about the asus having the voltage tweak just like their hd 4870 version so I went for it.

I honestly think that these are more available than the hd 4870 when it first came out, because they were sold out for a few weeks and I couldn't find any in stock, seems like the availability is not as bad as the news around the web.

LOL I was gonna do the same thing to xfx if If i got that card, flash it with asus bios and overclock but I was like why not just buy the asus one, its the same price and it was available, its not like I am gonna keep it for more than three years anyways. graphic card is the most frequent upgrade I do.

MY hd 4870 512mb went easily on the craigslist for 100 bucks, and I got it for 90 few months back.

I do agree, this was the most sustained availability burst of the 5870 yet, and an XFX one at that. They must have had not a small amount(for a rather soft-launched product) if they had stock for what, 3-4 hours?

So somewhere between the 4870 which I remember wasn't available in nearly the numbers the 5870 is now for weeks, and a true hard launch, tending towards the former of course.

true, I am sure there are a lot of people buying these cards, and for me it was time for a upgrade and I can't honestly wait for gtx 380, which I am sure might be a little faster but it ain't gonna cost no where near $380 either, knowing it is a big chip I am saying atleast 499 to begin with.

I mean there has been one or the other brand available for a few hours, this is like the second day but they are still available, thanks to newegg for not jacking the price up too high.

true, I am sure there are a lot of people buying these cards, and for me it was time for a upgrade and I can't honestly wait for gtx 380, which I am sure might be a little faster but it ain't gonna cost no where near $380 either, knowing it is a big chip I am saying atleast 499 to begin with.

I mean there has been one or the other brand available for a few hours, this is like the second day but they are still available, thanks to newegg for not jacking the price up too high.

Heck they've got em listed at $20 lower than most sites. So they've done a good job with the 5870 so far. Especially when you compare them to other etailers. *cough*zzf*cough*.

Back