XFX Customer Support

burningrave101

[H]F Junkie
BFG or Evga have been good in my experience, XFX reminds me a lot of PNY the worse card maker in the history if computers...

XFX seem to be getting alot of recognition lately. Their cards have been scoring really high in reviews. People have been able to get some of the highest overclocks on XFX cards.

Does anyone know what the standard warranty for an XFX card is? I'm curious what kind of warranty my 6800GT will have. Is it just 1 year? 3 years? I somewhat doubt its a lifetime warranty lol.

If you get 'some of the highest overclocks' you get a shit for warrenty so I don't see the point. You're going to void it anyways.

Who gives a shit about a warranty on something that'll be worthless in 2 years.

i personally don't know anything about XFX, but i will say this: do what your heart tells you to do. i don't make any more decisions that make me feel uncomfortable at all. i just hate it, and i decided not to do it anymore. if it won't kill you to take a gamble then it's not a problem, but if it's mission critical then i wouldn't make any compromises if i were you.

C4rniV0r said:

Because you can always stick the card in a backup machine or sell it online.

I somewhat doubt a 6800GT will be worthless in just 2 years time. It wont be the fastest thing out like it is now but it wont be the slowest ither.

here is a review of a xfx card at hardware hell, they seemed to like the card a lot so maybe there worth a try.

C4rniV0r said:
Ive always wondered this, what good is a lifetime warranty if you have something new in a year :confused:

heh well that depends on if its a PNY lifetime warranty or not, in which case its no good.. :p

I never dealt w/ XFX. But if you go to nvidia.com and click their list of partners, xFX is the only co. ethical enough to list the 6800 Ultra sys. requirement, and goes into details as to why there is a need for the 350W power supply, etc.

Makes me think that those other partners only cares about sales, and XFX cares about pre-sale tech support.

Thread updated:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31242&page=3

I'm not worried about XFX now. I think their one of nVidia's top providers.

After just ONE day i got an e-mail response back from their tech support. XFX is a small company compared to some the others like Gigabyte and Asus so their tech support may not be instant or the greatest but i'm sure they get the job done and do the best that they can.

I'm not a nOOb anyways so i dont need to be calling the frickin tech support all the time to find out shit like which slot am i suppost to install my new video card in lol.

If i have a problem with my video card i take it to HardOCP or nV News. The tech support at those two places is top notch.

I got ANOTHER e-mail back from XFX tech support today so their tech support is more then good enough compared to alot of the other hardware vendors out there.

My XFX 6800GT shipped today too!!!

FEDEX 63***********30 ship date: 7/6/2004 6:00:00 PM :D :D :D

OMG did you SEE the badass bulldog? of course it kicks more arse then anything with some panzy MERMAID! :D
you get that AND the funky box/bundle, surely these baubles must satisfy you?!?
WHAT?!? you want Customer Service and a Warrenty too?! you greedy bastiges :mad:

they should make that buldog thing thier customer rep, if you complain it comes out and bites yer leg off. Doubt youd be doing much complaining about your bum vid card then.

j/k

Back