XFX BE 1000W vs Seasonic Platinum-1000 in noise

Blackbird

Limp Gawd
I have read that the fan in XFX Pro Series Black Edition 1000W is noisier than the fan in Seasonic Platinum-1000.
And that is the only reason why i hesitate to buy the XFX PSU, for me the XFX would be about 78 USD cheaper.

But, the question is if the fan will get drowned out by all the other fans in the PC anyway so it wouldn't matter if the fan is a bit louder?

The other fans in the PC will be: 4 x Gentle Typhoon AP-15 on a radiator (on the side of a Corsair 900D), 1 x 140 mm fan, 3 x Noiseblocker NB-Multiframe M12-S2, and 4 more AP-15's. All on a fan controller ofcourse.
And one GTX TItan with reference cooler (maybe a second Titan later).

Just so you know..
I don't want less thought out answers but there is a time limited offer (10% discount of all components) which might vanish any second.
And I don't know if I want to order the PC if I miss the offer, so whole my PC purchase might depend on this thread.

The only difference in the units is the fan, the Seasonic uses a San-Ace while the XFX uses a Protechnic. I don't think it would be louder enough for you to notice, honestly. $78 is a lot of saving for the same PSU with a slightly louder fan, if that is indeed true. Any good quality unit like these would have to be isolated in a hot box and run at maximum load for the fan to spin up enough to be audible anyway.

Ok thanks, i will buy the XFX :)

I like my systems very quiet as well and the last PSU I can remember that I could even tell it had a fan was an Antec unit with an 80mm fixed speed fan, sounded like a blow dryer. Even my cheap TX550M doesn't have a noisy fan, manufacturers really worked hard to fix those problems it seems.

You'll do fine with the XFX, its a great PSU. Enjoy your new machine! :cool:

Back