XFX 8800GT 512MB $187 Shipped

big deal these cards gonna be 200 by jan anyhow ill wait a month and lets hope the new 8800gts kill these

I wouldn't be so sure. If the new gts supply is as scarce as the GT I don't think we'll see most of them going at msrp.

8800GTS Version 2 benchmarks were shown somewhere I've seen, only 4-5 frames above a GT average, about matching right under the GTX. Closing the gap even further.

So yeah, the GT is still an amazing deal. I pulled the trigger on the Dell XFX 8800GT last week, hoping for my order to be shipped on the 13th..., payed 230 after my paypal balances...,didn't get the paypal $50 I don't think.

big deal these cards gonna be 200 by jan anyhow ill wait a month and lets hope the new 8800gts kill these

well if you remember the 8800gts's were about 380ish at release and one year later they're still 350. Maybe the gt will drop more because ati has put out something decent but I still hoghly doubt we'll see a $70 drop anytime soon.

well if you remember the 8800gts's were about 380ish at release and one year later they're still 350. Maybe the gt will drop more because ati has put out something decent but I still hoghly doubt we'll see a $70 drop anytime soon.

I think your forgetting that MSRP is $200-250 as stated by nvidia for these cards, the reason they're $300 right now is because of high demand and short supply. When those equal out and there is enough or more then enough supply to meet the demand, we'll see MSRP prices. It should be $200 for cards like the vanilla PNY's and MSI's and up to $250 maybe 260 for the KO, SSC type cards. And yea, I'd say by January we can expect that, assuming demand drops by then and supply is up. Right now nvidia is way behind on getting cards out.

And as far as the new GTS's are concerned - most places are saying that nvidia is actually ready for this launch so supply will not be as bad as it is right now on the GT's. There have been articles on the net that nvidia had to scrap the first run of GT's because of overheating issues with bad firmware. Don't know if its true or not but its definetely true that demand is 10x or more then supply

Anyone else pull the trigger for stock at $240? The MSI one was 255 by the time so I bought this instead.

Waiting for that estimated ship date on the 13th. =)

i had no confidence with PP.
i canceled my order immediately after i found that on how they prob killed the offer the same day at 12 noon. and i ordered at night.

not gonna play wait like that.

I just got off with Dell Chat support, my est ship date is now 12/24. My order page and everything still says 12/11 but the CSR said that this was pushed back again and wont reflect on the order page until after 12/11.

I ordered early in the morning on 11/26. Looks like I will be cancelling soon :(

I just got off with Dell Chat support, my est ship date is now 12/24. My order page and everything still says 12/11 but the CSR said that this was pushed back again and wont reflect on the order page until after 12/11.

I ordered early in the morning on 11/26. Looks like I will be cancelling soon :(

:mad: That's annoying. I ordered on 11/28 so mine will probably be even later. I'm canceling when I get home. Grrrrrr

that sucks ass good think i ordered the one from frys even at 290 better then waiting a month

Is there anyone in here with high heat that will order 2 of these for me and send them to canada... I will pay right up front.. im in canada and cant get this deal.

Marc

Even without the 20% off this is a could deal, I'm waiting patiently for the card I ordered for one of my friends, even with the wait.

Is dell low enough to pull the trigger on the time like just to haggle a few more dollars from all the cancellations they will have? I mean, it went something like this... Let's sell them cheap so we can make some $$$ on the volume, then, when they realize that everyone else is getting + 280 for them they push back the date, wait for cancellations and sell them at those high prices now.

Nahhh right... they wouldn't do that!:eek:

6+ weeks estimated ship date on the XfX 512. I cancelled my order. I am not going to order an 8800gt at this time. Everybody wants one? JACK UP THE PRICE!!!

Fuck that i can wait until february...

:mad: That's annoying. I ordered on 11/28 so mine will probably be even later. I'm canceling when I get home. Grrrrrr
I ordered on the same day.

I called them up and after an hour of hassle and go, the man assured me that I'd get mine delivered before Christmas. Don't know how reliable this is but, I'm still hoping.

I'm not in a huge rush to get it, but would like it for the holiday season lol.

I ordered on the same day.

I called them up and after an hour of hassle and go, the man assured me that I'd get mine delivered before Christmas. Don't know how reliable this is but, I'm still hoping.

I'm not in a huge rush to get it, but would like it for the holiday season lol.

That's what they told me too....
We'll see ....

Talked to a chat rep today, she assured me mine would still be sent out 10th December.
I placed my order on 24/11.
Also offered me unsolicited free overnight shipping.

Was suggested to cancel, was told my order WOULD be pushed back to the 24th, not in time for Christmas.

Buying a EVGA 8800GT Stock speeds from newegg. Will get my paypal balance back in 2 days, so I'll spend it on something else in the future. =\

screw it i am cancelling have a bfg oc on the way from frys i paid a little bit more but it is worth it to me

canclled today and they said it would be backordered til atleast the 26th, got an SCC from evga for $30 more anyways

I called Dell today and they said mine would definitely ship out on the 11th - I really hope they don't delay it. On the other hand I tried to get in on eVga's SSC deal earlier today to hedge my bets, but it sold out before I completed checkout.

If it gets delayed I'll probably just wait since I'm going to be out of town over the holidays anyways. I just can't wait to see how high this thing will go with an HR-03 on it :p.

I got charged when I placed my order and the 20% paypal rebate still appeared to be working. I really hope it goes through and I get the cash back. I'm also hoping this will be the newer version with the larger fan. I'll post back to this thread when my package arrives (hopefully next week).

For me they just had a 248.75 on my paypal pending for about 2 1/2 weeks.
Said they wouldn't charge till it shipped. o_O

For me they just had a 248.75 on my paypal pending for about 2 1/2 weeks.
Said they wouldn't charge till it shipped. o_O

If the paypal stuff doesn't work out I'll just call dell and harass them till they give me some kind of coupon.

I got charged when I placed my order and the 20% paypal rebate still appeared to be working. I really hope it goes through and I get the cash back. I'm also hoping this will be the newer version with the larger fan. I'll post back to this thread when my package arrives (hopefully next week).

You said in another post that they said it would ship on the 11th. When did you place your order? I placed mine on the 26th. Crossing fingers...

chatted with the rep today, 12/10, to make sure my item will indeed ship on the "estimated" date of 12/11....and they said the item is currently OOS and on backorder.... it may be up to SIX weeks of delay...but they can not give me any info on when it'll ship for me (ordered mine on 11/26 XFX 8800gt), coz they dont want to "mislead" me.....@#@%@&#$%*($&(*% why taking all these orders if you cant fill it promptly...jesus :/

chatted with the rep today, 12/10, to make sure my item will indeed ship on the "estimated" date of 12/11....and they said the item is currently OOS and on backorder.... it may be up to SIX weeks of delay...but they can not give me any info on when it'll ship for me (ordered mine on 11/26 XFX 8800gt), coz they dont want to "mislead" me.....@#@%@&#$%*($&(*% why taking all these orders if you cant fill it promptly...jesus :/

I'll wait until tomorrow to call and hopefully I'll have better luck. I really wish I had gotten in the evga ssc deal.

Well I did a Dell chat so I can fit in with the in crowd 'n all.

They said the same thing "blah blah blah..won't ship for 6+ weeks...blah blah blah..out of stock". I expressed my lack of happiness with the situation. I got no shipping or coupon offers. Was just told "there's nothing we can do about it". I explained that when I ordered the product, I was told of a shipment date of 11th of December. That was 2 weeks of wait, but it was ok because it was before christmas. NOW, having to cancel my order and order from someone else, it's not going to get here before Christmas. I told them that the status of my order on the web page still shows tomorrow as the shpment date but they are telling it definitely won't be shipped until sometime after 6 weeks.
They suggested I call order modification to find something else.

So I call them. They said they wanted to verify the information that I got from the online chat rep. Then, on the phone, they said there must have been some confusion because the product I ordered was not out of stock at all and that it would definitely be shipping tomorrow.

So now I must ask...WTF.. Clearly others on this forum have been told the item isn't in stock and that their orders aren't going to ship. Now this guy says "oh no..it's not out of stock...". Wow...nice one, Dell.

Well I did a Dell chat so I can fit in with the in crowd 'n all.

They said the same thing "blah blah blah..won't ship for 6+ weeks...blah blah blah..out of stock". I expressed my lack of happiness with the situation. I got no shipping or coupon offers. Was just told "there's nothing we can do about it". I explained that when I ordered the product, I was told of a shipment date of 11th of December. That was 2 weeks of wait, but it was ok because it was before christmas. NOW, having to cancel my order and order from someone else, it's not going to get here before Christmas. I told them that the status of my order on the web page still shows tomorrow as the shpment date but they are telling it definitely won't be shipped until sometime after 6 weeks.
They suggested I call order modification to find something else.

So I call them. They said they wanted to verify the information that I got from the online chat rep. Then, on the phone, they said there must have been some confusion because the product I ordered was not out of stock at all and that it would definitely be shipping tomorrow.

So now I must ask...WTF.. Clearly others on this forum have been told the item isn't in stock and that their orders aren't going to ship. Now this guy says "oh no..it's not out of stock...". Wow...nice one, Dell.

I was just now told the same thing online...glad I didnt cancel after reading your post. Not that I expect much but your call is a little hope. They told me it wouldnt be available in any way til 1/15/2007 and that I should order a different card.

Talked to a chat rep today, she assured me mine would still be sent out 10th December.
I placed my order on 24/11.
Also offered me unsolicited free overnight shipping.

And received an e-mail just now telling me my order was delayed until the 21st of Dec.
Why is everyone getting a different answer? >.>

Spoke on the 'phone with a rep.and all she could tell me was that my order was still showing as shipped today and that if I wanted to double check again, I could call back in a few hours.

I called Dell yesterday to confirm my ship date of 12/11 and they gave me a follow up call just now to let me know that it would indeed be shipping tomorrow and that I would get a confirmation e-mail. I'll post again when / if I get it.

I also asked about the 20% paypal rebate and they said to call me about it after the item arrives (??). The paypal payment still says pending, but I placed the order before Dell stopped being listed on the paypal promo website...

Back