XFX 8800GT 512MB $187 Shipped

Although this deal has been mentioned in umpteen threads today, thanks for the new thread about it, lots of peeps here wouldn't see it buried in the other threads. Awesome promo from Paypal!

Really smoking hot price. I am still holding out for an evga card though.. part of me wants to step up at a later time. If i wasn't in the market for an evga, this would be a smokin deal

Really smoking hot price. I am still holding out for an evga card though.. part of me wants to step up at a later time. If i wasn't in the market for an evga, this would be a smokin deal

agreed same here

how do you get it work?

I add the card and checkout with paypl, but the price is still 255 after tax.

I posted in one of the other threads too, any ideas why you cant search or browse to it?

Why wait on the eVGA card? Is it that much better than xfx?

90day step-up program... you get whatever you paid on it. So you'd be getting $234 towards a 9800 GTX or something similar, instead of trying to sell it off for $200

Also a note, I just found out the paypal deal is $50 cashback maximum per paypal account. And it takes up to 2 months to get put back into your account.

I picked up one to replace the BFG that I've been waiting on from Best Buy. Stupid backorder.

90day step-up program... you get whatever you paid on it. So you'd be getting $234 towards a 9800 GTX or something similar, instead of trying to sell it off for $200

Also a note, I just found out the paypal deal is $50 cashback maximum per paypal account. And it takes up to 2 months to get put back into your account.

If you want to wait for an evga card you will wait for a long time and pay for a premium.
YOu can get this now and will a better card is release, you can always resell it.

In for one...I think the ship date on these are 12/10

Help a noob... how does this card rates or compares against 2 BFG 7800GTX cards in SLI? Would I be lowering my GPU gameplay, improving inmensely, or just a tad?

Wow this is a fantastic deal. I would totally get this if I weren't getting laid off! Thanks OP.

I want an evga also...but this looks too good to pass up...

Anyone know if it's bundled with any games?

TYIA

Is this still alive? I went to the paypal checkout and the thing did not say anything about the 20%.

Sweet deal but evga is the best. Step-Up FTW.

BTW: I just got a 8800 GT step-up, came a few minutes ago.

Do you really think the 9800 is going to come out in the next 90 days? Is there an official release date?

Do you really think the 9800 is going to come out in the next 90 days? Is there an official release date?

90 Days is a fair amount of time for a lot of things to happen. In any case, the step up period will last through February and almost March if I were to get a 8800GT in the next few weeks. nvidia could release a new card, or not, but if they do, i'd be set :)

No one really knows when the 9800 series will come out, NVIDIA has made no announcement or even hinted at its existence. It could be in January or it could be 2009. Anything you find relating to the 9800 GTX on Google is either bogus "leaked" info or completely made up i.e. the EVGA product listing that anyone could edit with some HTML knowledge and take a screenshot of.

The only confirmed info is that they are gearing up to release the 65nm refresh of the 8800 GTS which should be appearing around Dec. 10.

when exactly will I get the $50 back? I ordered it but didnt see any confirmation of a discount or anything

You think if I cancel my order from the other day and reorder to get the 20% it would delay the shipment date?

You think if I cancel my order from the other day and reorder to get the 20% it would delay the shipment date?

It'll move you to the end of the queue, yes.

You might be able to ask Dell if you can change the payment details on the existing order.

Let us know if that works. I might try it if it does.

Wow guys, is it just me or does the Paypal promo page no longer include DELL and Newegg?

I think they are both dead :(
Just when I was going to switch my bestbuy order for the xfx one at dell

you guys are idiots, how about you guys READ before freaking out, the deal is that PAYPAL will give you the money back, not the vender's, and it will take then up till january to give you the money back, the discount is not from the vender's receipt, you pay upfront, and get 20% back up to $50, it's kind of like a rebate.

Sweet deal but evga is the best. Step-Up FTW.

BTW: I just got a 8800 GT step-up, came a few minutes ago.

This card just came out, you think a new card will come out in 90 days? I doubt it.
This deal is so tempting. I might go for it if I can't find something else to get with the promotion.

Back