XFX 8800GS Review

It certainly has caught my eye. I was starting to look for something cheap to replace my aging 7900GT (1280x1024 is starting to become just a bit too much for it in newer games)...

Yes it looks very nice, but the thing thats gonna make it or break it is the price.:mad::confused:

Indeed. But it sounds like it is supposed to be competing with the 3850, which would put it around $180... If it drops to about $150 (hehe, I know I'm just kidding myself, but its the only way I can keep myself from spending more money :D), it'll be on my short list of upgrades :)

I think 150 -165 is perfect for this card, and will sell like hot cakes. Nvidia wont be able to keep up with the orders.:D:cool:

I think 150 -165 is perfect for this card, and will sell like hot cakes. Nvidia wont be able to keep up with the orders.:D:cool:

That is what I'm afraid of. Remember what happened when they couldn't keep up with the 8800GT orders? Oh wait, they still can't, and most of the cards are still above MSRP :eek:

Lol just what I was thinking as i was typing it. I think its a marketing tool for nvidia, just to see their products still sell like crazy even though at MSRP.

That is what I'm afraid of. Remember what happened when they couldn't keep up with the 8800GT orders? Oh wait, they still can't, and most of the cards are still above MSRP :eek:

How do you assume because of the price that nvidia cant keep up with supply? can you not buy one of those cards despite it costing more? can't it be that retailers are marking the price up due to the demand of it?

If this card performs closer to the 9600gt instead of the 8800gt (which it probably will), alot of people are gonna be disappointed. At least the 7900gs performed closer to the 7900gt instead of the 7600gt.

How do you assume because of the price that nvidia cant keep up with supply? can you not buy one of those cards despite it costing more? can't it be that retailers are marking the price up due to the demand of it?
Because if the price is low then people will buy tons of them! Like hot cakes!

Because of the old idea of supply and demand? Need a refresher in Business 101? The lower the supply, the higher the price...

wow the 8800gs looks nice for the price if you dont have a large monitor. it only seems to lag behind with AA and res above 1600x1200. other then that it seems to fit in very well for the price point.

i hope with the price drop of the GT and GTS's the GS should be closer to 150$

I am seriously considering this card. I wanted something better than the 8600XT, but dthe 8800GT is a tad expensive. I have a 21" CRT and will not be running anything higher than 1024X768.

I have been looking for some but i cant find um. I want to do m atx sli with either these or 9600gt. These would save me a lot of money, but i dont wanna lose tooo much performance!:D:cool:

I have been looking for some but i cant find um. I want to do m atx sli with either these or 9600gt. These would save me a lot of money, but i dont wanna lose tooo much performance!:D:cool:

yah... i'm tempted to go back to s939 just for matx sli also... too bad the evga board sux at overclocking. i wonder if i can find a cheap fx processor to run with it. hmm... then again ram costs a butt load. haha. so many cons goin sli matx. dammit mobo companies! make some sli matx boards!!

Lol ya i went way back just because i had some new ddr ram. Lol and i got a deal. The DFI board was taking wayyyyyy too long to show any improvement. But by the time it comes out i will proably buy it and have two computers. You think i should buy one of these right now or a 9600gt? I will go sli like in a month or so.

Back