XFX 7950GX2 will NOT fit into MB slot(s)

Order

Gawd
This is driving me insane.
I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard.
The card fits without a problem halfway but will not completely settle into the rear of the slot. I tried this with both x16-sized slots with the same problem.
What can help with this?
Thanks...
Edit: My current Radeon x300 fits without a problem.

Apply even force across the card and give it a little push. It may not go in easy, but just keep persisting and it will.

Order said:
there are no clearance issues.
well obviously there are, if it doesn't fit

It sounds to me like a case issue. I've dealt with some cheap cases before that created some interesting issues like that. What case is this in?

I've tried :( Nothing.
The PCB isn't warped at all, either.
This is really killing me lol.

The case is a Lian Li V2100b.

Whip the sledgehammer out then. I'm sure they'll cover any "issues" that arise from this method in the warranty :p

I had the same issue with 7900gtx with and asus board and antec p180 case. My problem was, I wasn't getting the tab to slide between the edge of the mobo and the case. The silver part where you screw the video card to the case.

Sledgehammer, haha, yeah.
I'm going to try to use a little more force than recommended right now, though, just to try. I've built probably 50 machines and this is the first time I've had this problem.

RSKookie: Thats what my problem is. The rear of the card will not fit in entirely so the metal bracket isn't flush against the case which shows that it isn't in properly.

also, did you try installing video card with MOBO out of the case. That's how I came across my issue. Little bend of the metal to fit it in.

No, I haven't tried with just a bare MB...I guess thats the next step. Grrrrr....
Thanks for the help, guys....keep the suggestions coming.

Please tell me you used the right size motherboard mounts?

I mean are you upgrading just the card or have you remounted the motherboard etc?

Alright all, it was the fucking case.
I took out the motherboard and it slid in with almost sexual perfection.
Thanks to all who have helped, I really appreciate it. :)

WERD. Might want to leave the 9 mobo screws loose whilst you pluggeth in de vid cardeth.

OP: Would you mind letting us, actually, me, know how your 7950GX2 runs on that board? I have the same board and I'm worrying that the GX2 won't be compatible with it since I didn't see it on the page where it shows the compatibility list of motherboards that work with the card. Thanks.

Order said:
Alright all, it was the fucking case.
I took out the motherboard and it slid in with almost sexual perfection.

LOL.
I think I found a new quote for my signature.
I will have to censor the f word though.

I think Chef from South Park could write a song called Sexual Perfection.

I just bought an XFX 7950GX2 and put it in my girlfriends E-Machine. It was giving me problems so I just jammed it in and it fit. Don't know what was making it difficult to put in but nothing broke and it works.

They seemed to have designed it well enough to fit into just about anything within reason. Maybe the metal plate at the back is getting stuck on something?

Borgschulze said:
What the hell?
All e-machines come with pci-express slots now, and at Circuit City the $400 machines have decent processors in them. (Most of them Athlon 64 3800+'s)

Had the same issue with that card and mobo.......i didnt really slide it in but rather rammed it in with no vaseline ;) works like a dream lol :D

*edit* not an e-machine but asus a8n sli and 7950. WTF man....e-Machines??? I thought they went out of business...?

I would try removing the I/O plate on the card first. If it plugs in you know it is that.

I also know that with some cheaper cases the tab on the I/O plate is too long, so I have had to slightly trim it in the past. That would definitely prevent you from fully inserting your card.

Lets hope there are no defective (bent) PCI-E pins!

Back