XFX 780i Issue

Javelin3o4

Gawd
Okay I'll try and make this as short and sweet as possible.

Original Configuration

XFX 780i Motherbard w/ Q6700 CPU
4GB DDR2 Corsair Gamer Ram
Samsung DVD Drive
2x SATA Seagate 300GB drives
1x SATA Maxtor 250GB drive

Basically it got to the point where the computer would not boot with the DVD drive attatched to the onboard controller, the computer would just stop at POST when it shows all of the detected drives attatched. I tried different cables, different port it didnt matter. It then developed into where during POST the CDROM drive detected was corrupted..see image below,

So I had managed to upgrade the bios on the motherboard and managed to upgrade the firmware on the drive, which didnt do anything.

I figured my Samsung DVD drive was just faulty. So I bought a Pioneer drive. I had the drive in for 15 mins, left to the store and returned to my computer sitting at BIOS. Then it was the same crap all over again. The system wouldnt boot with the Pioneer drive attatched.

I was asking around and was told it was an issue with nVidia chipsets and SATA drives so I should just get a SATA Controller card. So I bought a PCI-E sata controller card, reinstalled my original Samsung drive and attatrched it to the PCI-E controller card and it has been working fine ever since.

However now I bought a 1.5TB Segate restored my Acronis image to the drive, I got as far as getting WoW installed and using it for about 2 weeks, I logged into WoW one day and about 10mins later the computer froze, when I reboot the computer would not boot to the seagate drive. I ran SeaTools, DFT, both would eventually just freeze. So I figured bad luck and got a new drive.

I replaced the drive with a new one, installed Vista from the CD this time, reinstalled WoW and then the comp froze while browsing the net. I reboot and would get the message "disk error has occured" press ctrl alt del. Computer no longer boots to the 1.5tb drive. I put it on my PCI-E controller and it would actually go to load Vista but would BSOD but I figure thats just because Vista was installed on a different hard drive controller.

XFX hasnt been any help so far, I went to call them today instead of going back and forth online but they are closed.

It sounds like there is a motherboard problem. I have a feeling you're going to have to RMA it.

Back