• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX 7800gtx - No Video

Wago

n00b
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
3
Antec Sonata Case
Asus A8N SLI Premium
Corsair XMS Twin 1GB sticks

I am having a problem with my xfx 7800gtx. It is not being recognized during the boot up process. I get no video. The fan comes on but that's it. The motherboard reports a vga test failure during boot up. If I insert a regular PCI vga card, the system boots fine even with the 7800gtx still connected. I have the 6 pin power connector installed & connected to 2 molex connectors from the power supply & have the bios set to factory defaults.

I have an e-mail in to XFX but they haven't responded yet. I can't believe that the board is DOA.

Any suggestions will be appreciated
 
Wago said:
Antec Sonata Case
Asus A8N SLI Premium
Corsair XMS Twin 1GB sticks

I am having a problem with my xfx 7800gtx. It is not being recognized during the boot up process. I get no video. The fan comes on but that's it. The motherboard reports a vga test failure during boot up. If I insert a regular PCI vga card, the system boots fine even with the 7800gtx still connected. I have the 6 pin power connector installed & connected to 2 molex connectors from the power supply & have the bios set to factory defaults.

I have an e-mail in to XFX but they haven't responded yet. I can't believe that the board is DOA.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

Let me assume that you have tryed the other PCI-E slot (this is an SLI board correct?) by defaut it will only run @2X but at least you can see if the card will post. Another thing of course (which I assume you may/may not have attempted yet) would be to try the other DVI output.

hifi
 
I just installed 2 XFXs in my Asus SLI mobo last night, No problems at all, kinda surprised too, The XFX card needs to be in the slot closest to your CPU and you need to have the moniter plugged into the DVI port on the outside port, Port farthest away from the Mobo.
 
Well, just out of the blue I decided to try un-plugging the power supply connection to the EZ-Plug & that seems to have fixed the problem. Is this normal for a single SLI card?

I had not tried to do this before because it had come like that from Monarch Computers & since it worked with PCI graphics card I did not suspect it.
 
Are you talking about the 4 Pin Power Plug on the MOB itself, cuz igf yu are you are only supposed to plug it in when you are using 2 cards in SLI
 
Back
Top