XFX 7800 GTX at ZZF...

How does XFX stack up against other card manufactures the like of Leadtek, BFG, EVGA, etc..?

XFX is right up there with those brands you mentioned.

Flak Monkey said:
Wow, I can't belive it's at msrp.

I know! So far, it's the cheapest one out there. Not to mention it's retail box with FREE 2nd day air.

The clocks are pretty nice as well. :eek:

Damn, now it says out of stock!

That took 5 min.!
:mad:

*EDIT* Wait a second....

It says in stock on the order page, BUT, if you click the part number it says out of stock. WTFO?

Arklight said:
Damn, now it says out of stock!

That took 5 min.!
:mad:

*EDIT* Wait a second....

It says in stock on the order page, BUT, if you click the part number it says out of stock. WTFO?

*stares at big checkmark next to in stock...* :rolleyes:

Raised to $630 already. Let the gouging begin, sigh.

Looks to be avail right after launch though, thats good.

fallguy said:
Raised to $630 already. Let the gouging begin, sigh.

Looks to be avail right after launch though, thats good.

Where do you see $630?

I just cleared my cache and it still says $599.

:/

soyboy said:
the card by itself is $630, when the card bundled with controller is $599.. :rolleyes:

I just added the card to my cart by itself and it came out to $599.

I guess the controller is not itemized on the bill. That's wierd.

I see both product numbers but no option to remove one of them. :/

Circuitbreaker8 said:
You would think for 600$+ they would put a half decent heatsink/fan.

cheap bastards. :rolleyes:

Its still a massive heatsink. The card is amazingly long, I had a hard time believing how long my 6800nu was, I couldnt imagine this thing.

Skrying said:
Its still a massive heatsink. The card is amazingly long, I had a hard time believing how long my 6800nu was, I couldnt imagine this thing.

Who cares? Its like the same design as the 6800GT/U heatsink! Atleast put something cool on there, like an Arctic Silencer or somin....theres no excuse.

i hope its in stock at zzf, cause i ordered one.. and it comes with a gamepad, so it can't be all bad right? :p

newegg has 3 brands in stock. leadtek, evga, and xfx. all at msrp of 599.99. i am impressed. :eek:

Bobsmith11 said:
I should also put a shout out to eastluna.com they have already shipped my card out by 5 today. So you guys should check them out if they still have them in stock. I've never used them before but so far they have been great.

http://www.eastluna.com/hardware/cplistings.php?id=288

page where the cards are

wheres my f a n b o y stamp? cant believe you ordered a card without reading a single legit review

pandora's box said:
wheres my f a n b o y stamp? cant believe you ordered a card without reading a single legit review

Haha, check out his sig, he's already upgraded. I don't see a problem with buying the GTX now if you're upgrading from an FX or R300. It's only $100 more than an Ultra and even from the early reviews it looks like it's worth at least that much extra.

Got mine ordered. eVGA from newegg for $599.

Since I'm upgrading to a fully PCI-E rig I have to get new a video card anyway, I was basically waiting for the instant they were available to order :)

btw, does anyone have experience with xfx cards? how reliable r they? oh well, they're all based on the nv reference anyways..

Skrying said:
How do you know? The MSRP hasnt even been annouced.

A. Its a pre-order, they always charge more so they sucker in the people who think they gain something by ordering it 2 weeks ahead.

B. Sites are already listing them for under 599.

C. The release MSRP is $549.00US

D. I easily promise you places will have them for 500.00 within 1 week if stock holds.

Again they sucker in the morons and thats all its ment to do. Anyone wanna place a bet with me?

So its been done.. Nvidia Actually got a Product widely available @ Launch.... If ZZF, Newegg, PCclub. I see that as widely available.. GOOD JOb Nvidia!!

FanATIc said:
Again they sucker in the morons and thats all its ment to do. Anyone wanna place a bet with me?

I hope you're not trying to spin this as some evil plot by Nvidia. You do know that the resellers are the one's setting the prices right. I just had to ask since your nick gives all your posts a certain vibe ;)

trinibwoy said:
I hope you're not trying to spin this as some evil plot by Nvidia. You do know that the resellers are the one's setting the prices right. I just had to ask since your nick gives all your posts a certain vibe ;)

Nope, these prices have nothing to do with nvidia. This is resellers taking people for what they're worth.

soyboy said:
btw, does anyone have experience with xfx cards? how reliable r they? oh well, they're all based on the nv reference anyways..
XFX is quite good actually, my uncle still has a GeForce4 MX running nicely for over 3 years now. They're usually the price <-> performance King. :)

LMAO!

Newegg pulled down the cards. I wonder if its just an error as far as the NDA or if availablity is actually low.

xfx is great. Everyone talks shit on them but they don't know anything. I've had my 6800gt for awhile now and never had a single problem with it. It's a very well built card. I wish I had 600 for this one. :drool:

Back