xfx 6990 709.99

Just in time for all the console ports coming..No thanks until the software catches up.

This is a nice find by the OP for those that are looking to buy one. Like he stated stock is very hit or miss.

I myself plan to just buy a second 6970 then save for a 30" monitor.

The 6990 is a great card but is geared towards a specific need.

The hell with that. I have 709 reasons not to get that card, a few of them involve the wife and breathing...

You're sticking with your current generation card until the next gen? Wow, that's plain crazy!

This seems kind of unnecessary. It's completely feasible someone would buy a 6950 as they came out before the 6990, only to then upgrade to the 6990 even before the next gen come out. This gentlemen is simply saying the 6950 is enough for him for now.

OR, unlock a pair of 6950's and get the same performance for like $450. This card is so overpriced for what it does.

This seems kind of unnecessary. It's completely feasible someone would buy a 6950 as they came out before the 6990, only to then upgrade to the 6990 even before the next gen come out. This gentlemen is simply saying the 6950 is enough for him for now.

You're right, the post you just made is totally more necessary.

This is a very hot deal. In for two crossfire, they will go well with my $5,000 monitor, $20,000 speaker setup and $30,000 desk.......................................

This is a very hot deal. In for two crossfire, they will go well with my $5,000 monitor, $20,000 speaker setup and $30,000 desk.......................................

And your solid gold snorting tube which you will use to snort your gold-powder-laced cocaine, yes?

Beautiful piece of hardware to be sure, I'd love one just to hold it in my hands and caress it and hug it...and call it George.

..But at the end of the day It will generate too much heat and consume too much power for my needs and only work correctly in a few games...And like someone else here mentioned, the console's are seriously holding the hardcore PC enthusiast back.

It's lovely, It's hot, it makes me hard, but..just like being a married man, I'll pass and be happy with what i got and go home and sleep well tonight. =)

OR, unlock a pair of 6950's and get the same performance for like $450. This card is so overpriced for what it does.

thats what i am doing. second 6950 comes today, already unlocked. hope it clocks fine like my current one does ;).

15 dollars off, hell I'm gonna get two and flip them on ebay. Great price.

Back