XFX 6950 CFX Artifacts?

mikro

n00b
Setup is in my sig. Running Catalyst 11.6 no CAPs.

I've got two of these cards in crossfire with the extra shaders unlocked. Not a 6970 bios. I ran them at 1.175v / 900 core clock / 1400 memory clock for a couple months without any problems. They are now running at 1.1v / 800 core clock / 1250 memory clock.

I recently started getting weird red and green artifacting. I'm just wondering if I damaged one, or both of these cards. The artifacts happen even when not in games. When watching youtube videos when there's movement going on I get red and green lines flashing, usually around the borders of things. Same goes for in-game. When there isn't much going on or I'm standing still the picture is perfect. It's only when there's things in motion.

I tried switching the bios switch to go to the default settings and I get the same issues. About a week ago it had gotten really bad to where when I would open the start menu and scroll my mouse up and down really fast all the buttons were getting red and green lines around the borders. Thankfully that has stopped.

I can stress test with furmark and the cards run fine with no artifacts and the temps never go above 80c. One card idles around 45c and the other around 50c.

I've created a Youtube video with my phone to show it happening when switching between pictures. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7a9tAZ4MBo"]YouTube - ‪GPU Artifacts‬‏[/ame]

Am I F'd in the A?

When going between the starry sky background back and forth you can see green blobs appearing in the background. When I stop switching they go away.

Edit: Right above the hooded guys head slightly to the left is an obvious one that goes away when I stop switching.

i cant see any thing in that vid all i can say is take 1 card out and try 1 at a time if they work ok if they do you might have a bad slot of could be a crossfire issue

I disabled CFX in CCC and had the same issue. I will try 1 card at a time right now.

So tried each card in each slot 1 by 1. And I get the artifacts from either card in either slot. Possible Motherboard issue or more likely I damaged both cards at the same time? I've still got the P8P67 Pro with B2 Stepping so I should be able to RMA it with ASUS.

That might be a driver issue. Its not the first time that I've heard someone mention this exact issue. Someone even posted pictures of the same green dots on a thread at XS. I would start a thread at AMD forums.

I used to have artifacts in Super Meat Boy with ATI cards. Check if it happens in more than 1 game. If it does, probably the memory of one of the cards is likely to be defective.

I used to have artifacts in Super Meat Boy with ATI cards. Check if it happens in more than 1 game. If it does, probably the memory of one of the cards is likely to be defective.

I had that too, that is also a driver issue. I've actually seen artifacts in several games on three ATI cards in the past six months in three different systems. There was a decent sized list on another forum.

Back