• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Xfx 6800nu Pci-e

Juic3

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2004
Messages
1,458
Anyone tried this one ?

A friend bought it and it can take about 460/1120, 58 on idle and load its hitting about 87c, is it me or are those clocks amazing ? OF course this is just a test on the stock fan, maybe when theres enuff money to get a vf700-cu or thermalright v1 it should be worth it.

This is the one Im talking about: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150111
 
Does it really use GDDR3? Wow... those are some pretty amazing clocks. I'm inclined to not believe it--I've never seen a 6800 nu with GDDR3, much less at those clocks.

Amazing if true! Your friend might have gotten a gem though, I highly doubt very many could get that high...
 
Lol yeah thats what Im telling him, that he got a GEM, now he needs to save up a bit for a good fan. It did 5300 in 3dmark2005, hes right behind my 6800GT @ 400/1100 damn haha.
 
GFreeman9 said:
Wow that is really good. :cool: Did he try to unlock the extra pipes yet?

Nah, as far as I know you cant unlock on PCI-E, so I havent told him to try.
 
For clarification

AGP 6800 = NV40. Full 16 pipes, 4 unlocked through software due to defects or to meet demand for the midrange.
PCIe 6800 = NV41. Natively 12 pipes, nothing to unlock.
 
The stock cooler doesnt seem that good though, its hitting 80's on LOAD with stock clocks. I never hit that with my previous 6800NU AGP. This one does come overclocked from factory though, 350/900.
 
Back
Top