XFX 6800GT Bundle Buy.Com?

xxaaqq

[H]ard|Gawd
Has anyone bought the XFX 6800GT from Buy.com? It has the Dual DVI part number, and comes with Doom III. Also, from PriceGrabber.com, I was able to get a 5% off coupon, so the total came to $379.99. But the photo seems to show the DVI/VGA version. Anyone know which version actually ships? Also, the PriceGrabber.com search showed Dual DVI. There doesn't seem to be enough information on the web site to know for sure, so I'm wondering if anyone has bought it and could let me know. Thanks.

EDIT: Buy.com link: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=10382359&loc=101&sp=1
PriceGrabber.com link: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=3739091/search=xfx geforce 6800gt

Looks like on PriceGrabber.com, it also shows the Dual DVI Sku, but seems to describe the card as having 1 VGA, 1 DVI...

Good luck with Buy.com. I would never buy from them again. Look at their ratings, they suck. Also look them up on the Better Business Bureau or google them. You will be reading a lot of complaints.....If you have to return a card to them, good luck. You will be waiting half a month to get a card replaced.......

I've heard that here and there... but I've bought plenty from them, before NewEgg became popular. I've never had any problems with them, including doing returns. However, this lack of information on a product I'm interested in... at the best price for that particular product... makes me a little annoyed. A video card is there to provide images to the monitor... what kind of monitors you can hook up to it is pretty important. But they fail to mention how many DVI and VGA outputs are available on the card.

Anyway, I like ordering from Buy.com because they have a warehouse nearby, and even with budget shipping, I usually get it in a day or two.

So... anyone know the answer? Should I trust the SKU listed... ?

I've got an XFX 6800GT (dvi + vga) output. All I can say is that it runs too hot, and aside from that I've had graphic anomalies I have been unable to get rid of. The XFX site is not well maintained, and I am afraid I'm in for it when I try to RMA the card (gonna give it one more week b4 I yank it out and put the 4400 back in).
My advice is to go with another Vcard manufacturer. Maybe I'm 1 in 1000, and my luck does suck that way, but then again, maybe the manufacturer has resource issues.

Got it today... is Dual DVI. Comes with Doom III, X2: Threat, Commandos, Moto GP... all for $379.99 shipped. And took less than 48 hours from order to delivery with budget/free shipping. Will have to check back with how the card performs... but sorry fellas, I can't shell out nearly four hundred clams and then risk baking it like all you ballsy dudes. That kind of stupidity (er... I mean ingenuity) will put a quick end to my healthy relationship...

I've got an XFX 6800GT and it runs quite cool. I run mine at 425/1150 on the origional bios 24/7 stable as a rock. Didnt get the other items in the bundle (UK bundle) though only Doom3 :mad:

yevaud i think you may be right and you are the 1 in 1000

Personally I wouldn't place an order with Buy.com even if the item was offered as "free" with a cash rebate. 3 times I have attempted to place an order with them (for super cheap sale items) and 3 times my order has been cancelled without notifying me and the reason is always "the item you ordered is no longer available" (after sending angry e-mails) even though I can go to their site and the exact same item is still offered for sale. (at the regular non-"sale" price of course :rolleyes: )

I ordered lots of things from Buy.com, and I only had a problem once... when the item was "Back Ordered" ... it just stayed that way until I cancelled my order. But otherwise, no problems, including with returns. So basically... just don't order there unless it is definitely In Stock. One time, I even ordered an On Order item to qualify for a free copy of Matrix: Reloaded, and they sent the movie right away, and then I cancelled the On Order item that I didn't really want anyway and I kept the movie for free.

Also, played Doom III last night. Spooky! Looks good though saw some visible render lines (or something like that) where it looks like half the screen is a few pixels to the left as the bottom half catches up. So that was annoying... otherwise looked good. Will have to play with settings though...

xxaaqq said:
Got it today... is Dual DVI. Comes with Doom III, X2: Threat, Commandos, Moto GP... all for $379.99 shipped. And took less than 48 hours from order to delivery with budget/free shipping. Will have to check back with how the card performs... but sorry fellas, I can't shell out nearly four hundred clams and then risk baking it like all you ballsy dudes. That kind of stupidity (er... I mean ingenuity) will put a quick end to my healthy relationship...

Great news! I'm getting my XFX 6800GT from Buy.com tomorrow! :)

I knew it came with Doom 3 but was hoping it came with the other three as well! That is awesome. $379 delivered and with 4 full games! :D And the games aren't too shabby--a nice variety of recent games--although I would trade Commandos for FarCry.

I've been ordering more from Dell and NewEgg over the past year or so, but I've ordered many packages from Buy.com with no issues.

xxaaqq said:
I ordered lots of things from Buy.com, and I only had a problem once... when the item was "Back Ordered" ... it just stayed that way until I cancelled my order. But otherwise, no problems, including with returns. So basically... just don't order there unless it is definitely In Stock. One time, I even ordered an On Order item to qualify for a free copy of Matrix: Reloaded, and they sent the movie right away, and then I cancelled the On Order item that I didn't really want anyway and I kept the movie for free.

Also, played Doom III last night. Spooky! Looks good though saw some visible render lines (or something like that) where it looks like half the screen is a few pixels to the left as the bottom half catches up. So that was annoying... otherwise looked good. Will have to play with settings though...

Try creating an autoexec.cfg in the base folder and add the following content (between the lines).

==============
seta image_usePrecompressedTextures "0"
seta image_useCompression "1"
seta image_downSizeLimit "1024"
seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0"
seta image_downSizeBumpLimit "1024"
seta image_downSizeSpecularLimit "512"
seta image_downSizeBump "1"
seta image_downSizeSpecular "1"
seta image_downSize "1"
seta image_forceDownSize "1"
seta image_roundDown "0"
seta image_lodbias "-1"
seta image_preload "1"
seta r_useCachedDynamicModels "1"
seta r_skipBump "0"
seta r_skipPostProcess "0"
seta r_skipParticles "0"
seta r_skipSpecular "0"
seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"
seta r_multiSamples "2"
seta r_shadows "1"
seta r_useOptimizedShadows "0"
seta r_useTurboShadow "0"
seta g_projectilelights "1"
seta g_skipParticles "0"
seta g_bloodEffects "1"
seta g_decals "1"
seta g_showBrass "1"
seta g_muzzleFlash "1"
seta g_doublevision "0"
seta g_showPlayerShadow "1"
seta image_anisotropy "8"
seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta image_useCache "1"
seta image_cacheMegs "256"
seta image_cacheMinK "2048"
seta r_lightScale 4
==============

Notes:

Drop image_cacheMegs to 96 (from 256) if you only have 512MB.

r_lightScale 4 increases the brightness of lights. 1 is default. 4 lights things up fairly nicely (much funner in my opinion).

Good luck. Let me know how it looks and runs! :)

I didn't adjust anything, but I did update from 61.77 to 66.81, and I played through the first level. Actually, the first time, I was sloppy and got my ass beat, but I went back and played all proper like, exploring and loading up on shotgun shells, and had a great time. I even have red X-Mas-ish lights hanging on my balcony (combined with the jack-o-lanterns it is more Halloween like) and when I turn out the light in my bedroom, there is a massive red glow which just makes the game that much more spooky. It's great!

Back