• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX 6600GT thermal paste

Bloefield

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 29, 2001
Messages
1,483
Bought the card in December and just decided to take a look at the way the hsf was sitting on the chip.
Yikes!
There was no "thermal paste" between the chip and the hs but plenty all around the edges and on the pcb.
It looked like Elmers glue had dripped all over the place.
The copper hs had a rough spot on it too.
My temps were never that bad but seemed to be getting worse lately.
I had wrongly attibuted that to a hot summer
I cleaned it all up and applied some AS5.
Without an immediate temp reading sensor it's hard to give an accurate load temp but the readings I do get are 5-7 less than before.
I should have done this a long time ago
Everything is nice now. :cool:
 
prolly it's invisible thermal paste. :p

jk, uhh that sux, but good thing ur card's alive lol.
 
Back
Top