• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

XFX 5870 Reference Card Question:

oozish

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
1,465
Is this a reference card? It looks like the back of the card expels heat out into the room but I can't tell?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150443

Also, I can pick up a saphire for 399 even, should I pony the extra up for a double lifetime warranty and the XFX card?

I want to get a 5870 but basically I hear they are all identical so I should just get the cheapest one. Also, if I can still get a reference design I hear that is worth it for overclocking/volting...does the XFX allow this?

Thanks for your thoughts.
 
Yes that's a reference XFX 5870, surprised they put them back in stock. Couldn't find one for awhile. I say go for it while you have the chance.
 
Yes that's a reference XFX 5870, surprised they put them back in stock. Couldn't find one for awhile. I say go for it while you have the chance.

Bummer, sold out before I had the chance to read your reply. :rolleyes:

availability on these is ridiculous...guess I'll just wait it out till the refresh.
 
Bummer, sold out before I had the chance to read your reply. :rolleyes:

availability on these is ridiculous...guess I'll just wait it out till the refresh.

Don't worry, you will come across another soon. Alot of people are going green so keep an eye on the FS/T forum for them. That's where I got my 2nd one. I bought my first one from TD not thinking I will want to Xfire but then I felt the need for speed!
 
I'd xfire too but my mobo won't permit it until I upgrade my whole system.
 
OK, I ordered one from the dreaded buy.com we'll see but so far so good. 399 total; ordered. will be here next wed. Ya, I need the cool card cause my room is already a sauna and my gtx 280 ildes at 70C so wtf.
 
I actually ordered that exact card from Newegg last week (arrived on Monday). They seem to be in and out of stock - I'm not sure if new shipments are trickling in or what. A few hours after I ordered mine, they were showing as unavailable. Figures that right after I finally give in, Buy has them cheaper, with free shipping, and higher BCB.

I like the XFX double-lifetime warranty and that they don't void the warranty for removing the stock heatsink. I've heard that their customer support isn't the greatest (though some seem to report pretty good experiences with them), but I haven't ever had to use it with any of my XFX video cards. That in itself is another reason I'm drawn to XFX. I know they should all basically be the same, but you just tend to stick with what you know works well.
 
Back
Top