• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

xfx 5870 drivers

dccmadams

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
2,010
I am not pleased. I have been running xp for years, I just bought a 5870 and installed windows 7 rc 64 bit. I used the drivers from ati site for the 5870. Diablo II locks up at times. Call of duty 4 will not play in multiplayer mode, only single player. I tried drivers from the cd, same thing. I would go back to xp, but I see there is no xp driver for the 5870. This is lame, and I am not sure who is at fault, windows 7, or ati. I like upgrading so that the 2 games I play, don't work on my new fancy hardware and OS.
 
The Xp drivers on the disc work fine for XP but I haven't tried the same games as you play. You can also search out the RC7 driver, it also comes in XP flavour though I haven't tested it yet
 
The Xp drivers on the disc work fine for XP but I haven't tried the same games as you play. You can also search out the RC7 driver, it also comes in XP flavour though I haven't tested it yet

He just said he installed Windows 7.

OP.... try the 8.66 beta drivers off of guru3d. I am running Win 7 64bit with my 5870 and I am playing COD4 and COD5 with zero issues. The beta's will show an MSI icon but igonre that because they work with all the 5870's. Did you have your CPU overclock already before the new card and Win7 install? I would make sure your OC is completely stable with Prime95 and let it run for about 8 hours strait. Keep an eye on temps. I assume your video OC is stock until the issues are resolved?
 
I am sure my oc is stable. I have run linpack many, many runs with no issue. This just began with windows 7 and card install.
 
I am sure my oc is stable. I have run linpack many, many runs with no issue. This just began with windows 7 and card install.

You could always drop down to stock clock to rule it out. Give those latest beta drivers a try off of guru3d.
 
Yeah I tried the punkbuster update already, as it was only multiplayer that wouldnt start up correctly. I am going to do a windows 7 32bit install and see what happens.
 
ok, found cod4 problem. Realtek issue. I had to go to sound recording tab, right click and enable cd audio as default, and enabled stero mix high def sound also. google is your friend....there is a known vista bug..applies to 7 also I see.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top