XFX 5850 In Stock - ZZF $289

5850 shoppers have gone rabid over these things. OOS in like 30 minutes!

$40 over MSRP; are they really that much better than the cards available prior to the latest release?

Some day I will find one of these at or below MSRP with a decent pack in game and I will be happy.

It's just a matter of time.

$40 over MSRP; are they really that much better than the cards available prior to the latest release?

According to fudzilla, AMD adjusted the MSRP by $20 dollars higher due to the such demand outstripping supply. It was either the retailers/manufacturing partners making another $20 dollars or AMD recouping $20 more dollars per card which could go to development and design.

wow, glad i grabbed mine from ncix before the prices got jacked. good luck, guys.

Don't blame them for jacking the price, blame the idiots who buy them at that price.

Its called supply and demand people. simple Macro economics....

Many people want them... they cant keep up with production. They could jack the prices up $100 on them an people would be buying them... The price of a product is dictated by what people WILL pay for them.

Ebay is a much better indicator of that..

Remember the Nvidia 5850?... and I thought we were in a recession? I wish I had the $ ;-)

I'm not buying a 5850 for more than $250 shipped, just out of principle. I don't care how long I have to wait, but I'm not contributing to the price gouging.

We're fully aware of the concept bro, thanks for the heads up though. That's looking out man, keep it up.

That's right... Although I'm aware there are alot of professors among us, trying to show us "the way". This is an issue that still worth bitchin' about. hahahaha... :D

Its called supply and demand people. simple Macro economics....

In the interest of "properly" providing us an education, please check out the difference between Macro and Micro Economics. You might be surprised. I don't think the lack of supply in 5850s is something to call Obama or a UN summit about. hehehe...

Last edited:
That's right... Although I'm aware there are alot of professors among us, trying to show us "the way". This is an issue that still worth bitchin' about. hahahaha... :D

In the interest of "properly" providing us an education, please check out the difference between Macro and Micro Economics. You might be surprised. I don't think the lack of supply in 5850s is something to call Obama or a UN summit about. hehehe...

I forgot everything I learned in those classes... Lots of business majors here, eh? LoL... I'm good running my 4850... what games out utilize the 5850's power? I've been out of the loop.

Same as always, just Crysis. Consoles pretty much put the brakes on PC games. Consoles use DX9, so it's going to be pretty much like this until the next gen consoles come out.

Back