Xfx 5850 At Provantage

it is special order only. they don;t have it in stock
 
Hope you get it soon. That page states that it takes 2 to 5 additional business days to process a special order. They also don't offer live inventory update on the 5850. So who knows.
 
special order usually means that once they recieve orders they place the order with manufacturer which should take 1 week or 2 for them to get, and they will send you the card once they recieve it, unless they already have some on order. thats how it works where I work.
 
special order usually means that once they recieve orders they place the order with manufacturer which should take 1 week or 2 for them to get, and they will send you the card once they recieve it, unless they already have some on order. thats how it works where I work.

Close, they check with XFX and several distributors seeing who has the item in stock, once they find the item in stock it ships from whoever has it. So in this case it could come straight from XFX or from a warehouse somewhere. Could take 2 days, could take 2 weeks. on a side note I ordered one from them, I just figured when it gets here it gets here no big rush.
 
Alright! Im not alone in this =D. Thanks for the heads up. Gave me some hope with the time.
 
I canceled the order and it was not worth the wait. Supposedly it would've taken me 2-3 weeks for it to be shipped.
 
I canceled the order and it was not worth the wait. Supposedly it would've taken me 2-3 weeks for it to be shipped.

One can probably be had from Newegg (if you are willing to keep refreshing the page with the 5850s over and over during the day;)

I got a Sapphire there; RMAd it due to fan issues, and am now waiting on a Gigabyte to come in Wednesday. Generally they do not stay in stock for more than 15 minutes, but at least if the order goes through on Newegg it's a pretty sure thing they will actually ship the card.

Good hunting!
 
Back
Top