XFX 4890 with Koolance VID-487 VRM Temps

Prod1702

Limp Gawd
Ok so anyone that is using this block or that has any ideas that can help me would be great. right now running with stock volts with the core at 980mhz and the mem at 1090mhz. I am getting VRM temps of over 110c+ i have reseated the block about 3 times with no luck at all of getting them under 100c. Idle temps on the VRMs at under 50c. Does anyone have any idea to why the temps are so high. My core temp never goes over 45c so that is fine. I know it isn't the watercooling setup since i have 2 Rads that have 3 120mm on each. I also have my CPU in the loop but my cpu temps are in the same place they were before i added the GPU in the loop. So the system shouldn't be the problem. I am really not happy with this block at all right now since I had the same VRM temps with the fan at 80% with the stock cooler. Any help would be great thanks.

thats what i have been thinking the whole time. i have just reseated this block 3 times now and every time the temps have been within about 5c of each other.

the Koolance FCWB is known to have issues with VRM contact. It's fairly well documented on their forums. Though not sure if Koolance actually released a solution....so you might want to just use some thicker thermal tape.

Got it to work VRM temps now don't go over 80c core doesn't go over 38c. clocks i am at right now are now 1050mhz core 1090mhz mem 1.45v the temps are what i said before at load with crysis bench looped 5 times.

Back